Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Joe's Bridge Post Battle Plan AAR

VinSix

1621726746293.png

Eastern Flank was quieter than expected with 2 x 8.8 Flak avoided by chance... As expect heavily CATK'd from WEST Flank both North and South of Canal. I was expecting Armor for some reason but no sight but a large contingent of Airbourne infantry. A view probes and interdiction to MSR Alpha in the rear echelon areas but the use of LAA and Recon to mitigate. Arty performed very effectively and well impressed. Some of the AI route selection for Assualt FUP and Assualt lines took me by surprise in the ended-up assault from the both Left and Right flanks south side of the canal into the night of D1. The armor units in 3IR took a hammering in the night of D1 and had to pull back one unit from the bridge area. Mortar platoon decided to lead the charge for 3 IR which was worrying - again they retreated into near route had to pull back into safety - no idea why.... bad order decision from subordinate command at Bn level - will wash that up on post op debrief. In all APerFire was effective however we took higher levels of AFV casualties and losses relative to the enemy for which I have no clue.... must be Panzer AT with AB Inf but did not AT Stug unit at one point - that unit was suppressed immediately and destroyed. Airstrikes were numerous and allowed me to start suppressing the main objective areas from the get-go...In all quite a reasonable Operation with a small number of units to work with. End result provided with attached Op orders and Planning Map. Apologies for the lack of AAR by Phased and Day timeline will endeavor on the next scenario. Regards Vin

Attachments

• Op Orders Map for Joe's Bridge.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 16
  • Ops Orders - Joe's Bridge.pdf
    270.2 KB · Views: 13