Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Just got NaW Operation Cobra

enpi

Well I just go NaW OC which looks formidable at a quick first glance. In the next weeks I will play through it.

quick plus impressions
-more formations! We get +2 Canadians, +2 Polish, +2 French, +1 British and +1 German formations
-great rulebook! Finally the top paper quality of the rulebook is as it should be. No more this awful glossy paper of the basic game but good quality which is great to read and touch. Big thumbs up!
-more scenarios! (+9 general scenarios) and a campaign (+5 campaign scenarios) with nice refit rules for rebuilding damaged units. As far as I can say after a quick browsing the new scenarios are super!

quick minus impressions
-the german formation counters are hard to read. Not much contrast between dark font color and dark background and additionally narrow font.

Keith T

Oh boy, thanks for the quick run down. I'm enjoying NaW...so looks like I'll be purchasing some more ...wife going to kill me.

Jay Townsend

Oh boy, thanks for the quick run down. I'm enjoying NaW...so looks like I'll be purchasing some more ...wife going to kill me.

Now Keith, go purchase a copy of Stalin's Triumph, so it makes its numbers!

Keith T

the purchase of Stalin's Triumph has been done. sitting in the basement for a confirmation yell of "did you just buy..."

lol

Keith

enpi

so I am just playing through the OC scenarios. (I finished the fourth, some I play ftf and some solo) As far I enjoyed all except

scenario 3: Mortain which is very imbalanced and let the Germans not even the slightest chance vs. the US forces. (2 plays ftf) Its the first scenario in the NaW series (Base game and OC addon) which we found not well designed.

scenario 7: Chambois is very fun and claustrophobic because it plays only as mostly close combat in one single city, but also somewhat unbalanced or better lets say: "only a very lucky german can win this". :) Additionally - was the M8 (the US 2-16 has one in the scenario) not a mobile 75mm howitzer? Why does he just have such a short fire range and why its not underlined?

Eddie Carlson

I am still trying to find a copy of White Star Rising. I can play on Vassal, but really want to take for a ftf game or two. Is this going to get a reprint? Should I just wait for Stalin's Triumph??

Eddie Carlson

Great news, thank you!! So now my list of games will be, Corps Command Red Hammer, WSR, EBG Deluxe. Not too bad for first time purchases. Just need to be patient for when they arrive!!