Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Kickstarter & Canadian Supplier Question

Soviet Onion

Hi everyone,

Just heard of the game (and publisher!) through the fantastic Table Top Simulator modules. I've recently been collecting and painting 6mm Cold War era figures, and would like to pursue hex & counter as well.

I found the kickstarter bundle online, but the component list is somewhat confusing. Does the kickstarter bundle come with Drive on Giessen campaign module? The other two modules from the expansion pack are included but it does not mention Giessen. Since I can't find a way to buy it separately, I'd hate to be left with duplicate assets and wasted dollars.

Second question - Shipping from the US is incredibly painful. Are there any Canadian distributors of WaW 85? I've found some Nations at War locally, but no WaW 85 yet.

Thank you!

CRFout

I recommend you buy directly from the LnLP store here. Some of the other resellers appear to be a bit... confused/confusing as to what comes in their bundles.

What you can get here now is:
World at War 85 Storming the Gap (the base game).
WaW85 The Expansion Pack (3 modules - Defense of Frankfurt, Drive on Giessen, and Storm & Steel Second Wave).
The Waw85 Player Mat is optional, but handy. I recommend it.
The Solo Assistant can be handy if you are lacking opponents to play.
There are a series of novels set in the WaW85 world. I haven't read them, so I can't say anything about them either way.
The spiral bound rule book is pricey, but handy as a rules reference for your opponent. It also lays flat, which is a very nice thing to have.
the coffee mug is out of stock.
The Frankfurt monster map is out of stock. It duplicates 8 maps found in The Expansion module, so it is more handy than crucial.
The Starter Kit is optional, but nicer than printing and cutting out the internet version. It's a great scenario to learn and teach with. And it's affordable enough to hand out to friends and potential opponents. "Here, kid, the first one's free."

I also recommend the Ammo Crate, as you will really want a good way to store the counters (unit chits) in. There are a lot of chits.

Soviet Onion

Well that is the main core of the problem - I am charged at least 50% of the item's value to ship it across the border. $70 to ship a $105 dollar game is unacceptable for my budget. Being able to order it domestically would make things significantly easier for me.Hell, even the $200 kickstarter bundle had cheaper shipping from another US store.