Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Knock on all Doors 'Set 1, Historical "O - Tag" Preiss’ Push'

Daz

Thanks Ripppe.
I have uploaded a revised first section to the video, obviously the rest will follow as I have time to work on it and learn how to do it.

It has better sound and more animation.

Daz

Thanks' markoni :)
I'm still plugging away at it in my spare time.

There is a lot of map parts that needs assembling for the next part of the video.
I am going to be zooming into the game maps, and want to overlay all three with their objectives, onto the big map.
The next video will be the historical situation for the northern sector so it will be at the Corps and Division levels.
I have been copying the symbols from the excellent maps (SAM's) that Richard (The Plodder) has made to animate and overlay onto the game maps.
It takes quite a long time.
I still have the southern map to do yet as well, so its going to be a while before the next part is ready.

Temp-KOAD-Overview-OKtD.jpg
Temp-KOAD-OverviewClose-OKtD.jpg

Daz

I'm having a few problems with my 'Null Object' lol
Work has picked up quite a bit leaving me tired in the evenings as well. I put on an After Effects tutorial, every evening, after dinner and its the best sedative known to man. I get to watch about 30 seconds before falling asleep :yawn:
I used to think I was an insomniac but it appears I have found a cure lol

Actually I am finding the learning very interesting, and rewarding, when I'm not to tired to concentrate.
Just thought I would let you know I'm still plugging away at it.

Things will definitely go on hold for a while on the 6th June (D-Day) though as its the release date for Hearts of Iron 4, the sequel to my second all time favourite game.
CO2 being my favourite of course :)

Daz

Done a quick progress report video.
You won't believe how long it took me to find out how to animate that arrow :shame:
Yes, I know it still looks crap, but it has potential ;)

Daz

I will explain it in more detail for you when I get more time, but just to get you started, you need to animate the individual points on the shape using the path key frames.
See in image below, Shape 1 > Path 1 > Path.
Using the key frames in that line and with the pen tool active, manipulate each of the individual anchor points on the arrow.
They can also be grouped and free transformed together using a combination of modifier keys (shift, Alt, Ctrl).
Its still very new to me, so not sure the exact combination of the top of my head.
I did a lot of experimenting using masks and having them appear from under a mask to start with, but that was nowhere near as good as this method.
To get it moving smoothly and looking good is going to take a lot of practice and patience I think.
Will know more tomorrow hopefully.

Animate-Arrow-for-Dave.jpg

Major SNAFU

Hi Daz,

Thanks for all of the work (and fun) that went into putting these together. I am always amazed and awed at the detail and the graphics that you put into your AARs.

Regards

Daz

Thanks guys, your comments are very much appreciated.
Sorry I have not had the willpower to continue with it yet.