Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Large scenarios and campaigns

MCabido

Some time ago I began playing ASL, but didn't really got into it because of rule complexity and lack of time to deal with it. Yet, the historical modules with campaigns, specific maps and scenarios with large number of units seemed very attractive to me, because of all possible combination and, also, because on a game in which dice can play a huge role, the number of rolls dilute the luck factor a bit.

Since LnL Tactical is a simpler, but very nice system, large scenarios would fit it very well in my opinion. Are there any plans for modules with large scenarios or campaigns?

I'll second this question. I've just started playing LnLTD after trying Valor & Victory and finding it a little too simplistic for my tastes. I too started playing ASL(via Vassal) a while ago and drifted away from it for similar reasons. It would be good to have larger scenarios in this game.

On a related note, does anyone know if the 'Battle Generator and Editor' DLC allows for large maps?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
There are some campaign or campaign systems in the tabletop version of Hell Frozen Over, Heroes of the Motherland and We Stand Alone. There are some large engagement in the tabletop version of Hell Frozen Over, Dark July and Valor of the 13th (extra tanks counters had to be provided for this one).

MCabido

Thanks. I took a quit look and Heroes of the Motherland seems to be a good choice, since Dark July and Valor of the 13th are both expansions for it, as far as could understand.

It would be nice to see more historical maps and larger engagements, but I suppose that production costs may be a consideration here.

Cheeks

Strongly recommend the Hell Frozen Over. The map is freaking great!