Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Last update seems to have literally broken the game?

Bullman

Can't believe this hasn't been reported (let alone fixed) by now, but it seems that the only thing the last 5 Aug update was to completely mess up the game so badly that just loading the game results in what looks like a random jumbled mess of nonsensical placeholder type menu screens of some kind.

Here are screenshots of the first screen I am presented with, and what is seen when I press the OK button on the update log.

20210807005316_1.jpg

20210807005321_1.jpg

Trying to click through these random screens gets you nowhere near to even anything that looks like the regular game menu.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
That is usually a symptom of the game crashing when starting... it tries to gamely continue but all those menus and stuff spew everywhere because it's just blown its gourd.

I just checked it on a laptop with no dev stuff on it to make sure it works, so it's something specific for you.

You are connected to Steam, right? (it should have had a window telling you aren't, though)

Can you verify everything downloaded properly? Right click on the game name in the library, then Properties->Local FIles->Verify Integrity. It is rare that something goes wrong with the Steam downloader, but you never know.

Then if it still doesn't work, can you upload the logfile? Thanks.

For PC it is at: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\LnLPublishing\LnLTactical\Player.log

I haven't looked for one on a Mac in a while but it is supposedly at ~/Library/Logs/LnLPublishing/LnLTactical/Player.log

You can attach it here or message me or something, that'll have the cause in it almost surely. Thanks!

Bullman

OK. I actually uninstalled, reinstalled and verified the files and all checked out OK but still no good. I then rebooted my PC and now we all good! Crazy, never seen anything like that happen before.