Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Latest Build

Rob

Hi,

5.0.8 and 5.0.9 (when it's ready) are/will be cumulative stand-alones right? or will we have to patch/update in sequence?

Also, from this gamer's perspective I'd rather both you and LNL take your time and get it right......... the engine is free so there's really no rush.
All things good are worth waiting for :)

Rob.

J

Jason Church

5.0.8 will be a cumulative patch, because there have been no previous patches. 5.0.9 will most likely be cumulative as well. It is possible circumstances may require a sequential patch, but I don't anticipate it.

blond_knight

Sequential patches are a pain. A pain for us having to archive them all and a support nightmare for LnL because when someone reports an issue you don't know if they've applied patch 1 then patch 2 then patch 3. Or did they just apply patch 3 and think theyre up to date which is why theyre getting some funky error message that support has never seen before.

Sysadmin by day, Panzergrenadier by night.

EdJaws

Thanks for the topic Dave to keep us informed of the latest build; something that's very much needed.

I'm of the opinion that I'm not going to harass the devs, which is not to say that happened here, and that a product or update is finished when it's finished. I'd rather have a good update than something that's hurried.

Ed

A minor issue with the updater:

The updater starts the game before it finishes running the update on the main game engine file. As a result, it throws an error because the main exe is in use.

Easy to get around - close the game and tell the updater to retry - but it could cause some consternation to some.

Jim Cobb

I got the engine yesterday and the changelog says 5.0.7. The updater goes right to the game. I closed the game and the updater apparently didn't work. I think the build number should be shown on the splash screen.

Jim Cobb

J

Jason Church

If you navigate to the installation folder and open the version.ini file with Notepad, you can see what version is installed. If it is less than the current version (which is 5.0.8 at this time) then the updater should try to download the patch. If the updater is not working, please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist: http://support.lnlpublishing.com

Jim Cobb

If you navigate to the installation folder and open the version.ini file with Notepad, you can see what version is installed. If it is less than the current version (which is 5.0.8 at this time) then the updater should try to download the patch. If the updater is not working, please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist: http://support.lnlpublishing.com

Great. That worked. Thanks.

Wiggum

Sorry but this should updated as soon as a new version is ready. I think 5.09 is current.

EdJaws

Probably clicking on the CO2 update icon every couple of days will do. The publishers included running the game from this icon too for some reason and I guess that's a pretty good reason in your case. ;)

Bazza42

Probably clicking on the CO2 update icon every couple of days will do. The publishers included running the game from this icon too for some reason and I guess that's a pretty good reason in your case. ;)

Not really.

Bear in mind this is still in Beta. If I don't experience the particular problem being solved I don't upgrade. Obviously if there is extra function then I will consider the pros and cons. Letting the system decide on whether the upgrade is applied is not for me, especially whilst the system remains under 'test'.

Wiggum

How is it going with 5.0.10 (or 5.1.0) ?
Will the intel bug be fixed and did you look into the surrendering thing (units wont surrender while being annihilated) ?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
How is it going with 5.0.10 (or 5.1.0) ?
Will the intel bug be fixed and did you look into the surrendering thing (units wont surrender while being annihilated) ?
I have not had time to look at either yet. My focus is squarely on ensuring there are no crash bugs with the dialogs. I will be working on the last of the data dialogs - ie crossing point dialog - today. Alas I found that the programmer who did this for me has used a pointer to an AI object rather than using the UI object for crossings. This is a no-no in a multithreaded environment. The AI and UI are processed in separate threads and this could cause the game to go out of sync. So this is going to require me to replace it and handle the update code for it. Once I get this done I'll check out the intel issue. I promised to get out a new build this week so the surrender issue may have to wait till 5.0.11.