Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Laying smoke

ghalgor

hi all

Under v5 of the rules, how many times can a unit successfully lay smoke in one impulse. The rules state if successful you can still move but with a -1 MF and if unsuccessful gain an ops complete marker. But I can’t find any limitations if continually being successful.

This came up in my game last night as I layed smoke, moved (-1 MF) was successful on another smoke attempt (I played this as another -1MF) then couldn’t move any further as I had run out of MF.

Thanks in advance

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
In previous editions, you would get an ops complete marker after your first attempt in one turn, regardless if you were successful or not. In V5.0, a change was proposed to allow units that successfully layed smoke to move (to take advantage of it (albeit with a -1 MP). If you don't take advantage of this opportunity, you are then marked ops complete. See also the first paragraph under 4.1 in V5.0 of the rules (page 28):
Units that ..., attempt to lay smoke (7.0) ... are marked with an Ops Complete marker