Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Leader-Hero Skill

gashlycrumb

A hero has the Leader-Hero skill. It is not marked with a Moved, Low Crawl, Fired or Ops Complete marker.

1) Can the Leader-Hero combine it's IFP and simultaneous fire with another unit in it's hex AND aid the fire combat with it's LM?

Thanks!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Well, the card description says that the leader-hero has a LM of 1, which can be used for everything leaders use theirs for so my understanding is that, if a leader can't use his LM for something, so is the Leader-Hero.

Strange thing is that the card gives, as an example of a eligible LM use, the ability to activate units in adjacent hexes, which is more a Leader's ability than a use of the LM so I guss the hero is to be considered as a leader for all purposes.

Mmmm, in my edition the card doesn't allow to activate units in adjacent hexes. Is this a change for Heroes of Normandy?

In my edition the card just gives a LM of 1 to the Hero (with the example of adding the LM in the Rally Phase). Furthermore, the card says that that LM wouldn't be lost even if the Hero is wounded. That was what made me think that the purpose of the skill was more to give a LM to the Hero than to convert a Hero in a Leader.

Last edited:
That's a change. So, does the updated skill not only gives a LM (Leadership Modifier) of 1, but also the inherent LR (Leadership Range) of 1 of every Leader?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Just a leadership modifier but strangely as I said, it then goes on to give the ability to activate adjacent hexes as an example of the use of the LM

Qwirz

I think it is treated as a Leader for all purposes, with all benefits and restrictions. So no LM modifier to its own attacks.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes, this is what I think and it would explain the seemingly unrelated example

And I suppose that now a Hero with the updated skill suffers all the effects of a Wounded result (including the - 1 LM and lose the LR). I say this because in the old skill, a Wounded marker did not affect the LM of a Hero with the skill.

Qwirz

I have not HoN new edition. May someone please post the card text? I'm waiting for HotF, HotM and HoN but not in my hands yet.....

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
No this exception is maintained. Here is the text:

* Hero
* This Hero has exceptional Leadership.
* In addition to Hero qualities, he also has a Leadership Modifier (LM) of 1, which can be used for everything Leaders use theirs for (11.1), eg. during the Operation Phase they can activate units in adjacent hexes.
* The Hero suffers no Leadership penalties when wounded.

Qwirz

Thanks so much, Stéphane!
It looks bizarre. It seems it makes confusion between Leadership Modifier and Leadership Range....
I did my intervention above, mistakenly remembering the card I read days ago from a friend stating "LM and LR of 1", perhaps due to the activation example on it.
Or it made a wrong example or it forgot to include a LR mention.
It could have stated "...he also has to be treated as a leader for all purposes (11.1) with a LM of 1."

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Well, the old version was strange too. It says:

In addition to Hero qualities, he also has a Leadership modifier of one (1) that can be used for everything Leaders use theirs for (11.1). For example, during the Rally Phase they (sic) may attempt to rally ALL shaken units in their hex, just like a Leader (3.0).

But heroes already have this ability and it is in no way related to the LM !

Which is why I think the purpose of this skill is to transform your hero into a leader that never shake :)

I understand the old version as "In addition to Hero qualities, he also has a Leadership modifier of one (1) that can be used for everything Leaders use theirs for (11.1). For example, during the Rally Phase they (sic) may attempt to rally ALL shaken units in their hex with the benefit of that LM, just like a Leader (3.0)".