Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Leader Spotting and WT Activation

Keith T

French Leader is in a building - mortar WT is set up behind the building the leader is in.
French have initiative.
In my impulse
I select the French leader to attempt to spot a hex of Germans in a building.
The spotting attempt is a good and the Hex the Germans are in is is now spotted.
I can then activate the mortar WT (due to the leader) to fire at the hex with the Germans in it.
The French Leader and the Weapon team now gets marked as fired ?

Keith T

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Both? You mean spotting and then lending it's LM for DFT? Yes. Basically, if the leader uses it's LM for DFT, it is marked fired. If not, it would means it could lend it's LM for DFT to another unit and then, in another impulse, opp fire his own SW (because you are allowed too when you are only marked Ops complete_.

Nick DelCorpo

i see so its not the actions together, its any time a leader uses his or her LM for a DFT attack. Could the leader lend the LM to both an indirect attack from a mortar and a dft attack on the same impulse.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
If the mortar SW or WT and the leader and the unit doing the DFT attack are in the same hex, yes. See 11.1.3.

The LM is applied to every attack (not attacking units) that occurs from the Leader’s hex in its activation impulse. Note that the Leader can aid both units using their IFP/SWs AND SWs or WTs using the OFT that are activated in the Leader’s hex in the same impulse. Leaders that aid such fire are placed under a Fired marker. Leaders cannot call-in onboard Mortar fire (18.1) or Off-board Artillery (18.2) and add their LM to a direct-fire attack in the same turn.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
My pleasure Nick, although in this case, I don't have much merit; it was all in the rulebook :)