Learning LOS

Discussion in 'LnLT Rule Questions & Clarifications' started by Cheeks, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Cheeks

Cheeks Member

Looking for confirmation that I'm understanding LOS correctly.

1) The image below shows the LOS tool as a red line from F7 to I4. The LOS crosses G5 (Light Jungle, degrading). Since the red LOS does not pass through the silhouette (artwork) there is NO degrading modifier. Is this correct?

01.png

2) The image below shows the LOS tool as a red line from F3 to H1. The LOS crosses G1 (Bamboo Hut, blocking). Since the red LOS does not pass through the silhouette (artwork), LOS in NOT blocked. Is this correct?

02.png

Thanks to all who answer.
    [​IMG]

2. Barthheart

Barthheart Moderator
    Staff Member

1 Correct. Although the line looks to touch that one tree... to my eye anyway. Good thing the line is thin.

2 Correct.

3. Cheeks

Cheeks Member

Thanks Barthheart.

4. ThomM

ThomM Member

1. Yeah, that looks like it touches a "leaf" in G5. I can't recall if it's explicitly stated in the LnL Rules, but my regular LnL Vassal opponent and I use the ASL rule for calls like that: if the terrain/obstruction in question isn't clearly visible on both sides of the LOS string, it is not in play. I'm always surprised how many times that "borderline call" comes up in play, even in non-urban scenarios.

5. Stéphane Tanguay

Stéphane Tanguay Moderator
    Staff Member

Myself, I would call the first one degraded and the second one clear