Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnL "Heroes of Bundeswehr" ?

Stefano G.

Hello everyone,
"Heroes of the Gap" (HotG) LnL squad level game has 4 main strongpoints:
1) Usual LnL high graphic quality
2) A very fluid game system rules
3) Its expansion module (as Honneur & Patrie)
4) Its uniquenes (AvalonHill "MBT" was a very - maybe too much - detailed squad level modern era wargame but it was out of prodution...until now!)

...well, recently GMT game has announced its P500 "MBT" (it seems very similar to AH one, maybe a reprint) and it could "compete" with our loved LnL HotG...i saw some of this P500 examples in GMT web-site and it seems to have inherited AH "MBT" high detailed level.
Many time has passed since last and unique HotG expansion module (Honneur & Patrie) and, considering the next GMT "manace", i would like very much to play with new LnL Bundeswehr units (Leopard, Marder, Gepard, Jaguar, Tornado IDS, BO-105P and more) in modern era wargame system...what do you think about?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Squad Leader

That sounds like a lot of fun to me.

MBT is an entirely different animal. I played the game extensively 20 years ago, and played Panzer just last February. It was funny it took us 20 minutes to resolve the first shot. Ha. LnL can't compete with that. If anyone wants/enjoys that detail, they'll need to go with MBT. If they like our pace, our story, they will go with LnL.

Stefano G.

Hi Mark,
as i pointed out, i find as one of LnL's strongpoint its very fluid game system rules...
I own ASL. I bought it 26 years ago and i managed to play only 2 or 3 scenarios: its "claim" to model all the real tactical fight aspects in a few minutes turn based game made me decide to dedicate my free time to LnL series (my mates love ASL and when they criticize LnL for lacking of turret speed rotation factor - e.g Pzkpw Tiger turret - i reply them "...but how can really be important this aspect in a 3 minutes game Turn!" o_O) ...i like detailed level wargames but, for my taste, they must remain "games" anyway: i can not consider "game" to spend 10 minutes in checking and checking again rulebook to establish if your counters-markers "skyscraper" can be moved one hex... i have my fun when the game means to plan and execute your own tactic and not when the winner is who better remembers that Chapter A, Paragraph B, Rule C, Row D.... :confused::eek: For having fun with ASL i should have played it for many and many times (but real life does not always agree)

By now, LnL is my favourite game system: simple rule but not simplistic that let you focus on your tactic (without worrying if you're forgetting a rule your oppenent will use to negate your action) ; few Dice rolls to condense events whereas other games use much more many steps to obtain same result; and all you need just in the mapboard battlefield.

AH MBT, as far as i read from BGG and from one THE GENERAL issue i own, was much more complex than ASL...GMT will probably publish a "lighter" version.

...hummm...but, after having so written, what about LnL Bundeswehr units?:rolleyes: ... my post was a little and innocent provocation to suggest a very desired German Army expansion for HotG ;)

Last edited: