Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnL Tac counter sheets

Rydo

The new leadership David, is doing better getting the name to but we still need to have to have demo/company table at consimworld, its the largest real war gaming convention in the world. these are the types of guys who play there LnL-T, not euro gamers from Essen. We need to showcase the game now, in its new iteration, let it really stretch its legs. I think the last year or two have seen the series heading in the right direction.
My single caveat is proof reading, it is the easiest and LnL publishing gets it wrong a lot. Too much for a professional developer. And unlike the P.C. games you cannot "patch" to replace missing counters or mis-aligned printed sheets.
(well you could, but most don't) I understand why, after the fact its just too cost prohibitive, that is why it has to be right the first time. The rules are great but the flow is off, Crowd-source it with Jeff, worst case, he tells us all to blow -off, best case he catches a few more errors thats would have cost us down the line. I have seen developers kill great games (ATS), and will never be ASL. One thing that I have concerns is the realism factor. I feel like the base game is becoming, more "gamey". I don't have any solutions, or even could statements for that matter, but I would be so game for writing the rules to Advanced Lock n Load-T or Locked and Reloaded-T, huh huh j/k . Keep up the good work guys an d gals.

What you said is VERY interesting and even if i've not understood some things ( because of my english, i'm not a native english speaker :) ) i was thinking about them too and since you bring it to the table i'll say what i think once and for all ( sorry if it can offend anyone ):

1) The game itself. Ln'l core rules are easy to get and if you follow the Walker's motto "More game less guff" you can understand why the game works like this and its ok. But at some point you see that something is needed, more chrome, more...something ( some may say "then go play ASL", actually it is something i'm doing because even if i enjoy less detailed games now i want more and the starter kits from ASL are giving me what i was looking for and sadly after you try those its very hard to go back ) you can see that some basic things from Ln'l don't sounds...right. They work in the Ln'l flow but still...in 5 min i can move, fire, move again and all because...5 mins are a huge portion of time.
I played a first person shooter recently and this game has operations that last 10 mins and you see a lot of stuff happening, if i had to follow the Ln'L rules we could've just fired and then whatched ourselfes in the face for mins before moving or firing again.
I deeply understand and respect the game rules but we have to accept those are also keeping playerbase from growing.

2) Ln'l had good games but in the era that i call "the dark ages" where pacific took an insane amount of time to be published plus the fact all games were OOP led players think Lnl was dead = loss of playerbase.

3) Events on scenarios. Those are cool the first, second time but after that they kill replayability because they will make you avoid them as you know what would happen. Maybe scenarios can have an A side with events and a B side without them.

I see a very passive community. I tried to involve more players on the forums, i involved them in my projects, i showed my Work in Progress, i suggested ideas, i participated actively in TWO play by forum. In conclusion i tried to make more sparks to ignite a new flame but i started to loose my willpower too. As you can see i wasn't active for at least three weeks while before i was there almost every day.

Ln'L need to take a route change, there are people that want more heavy meet under their mouth, more details. The game needs another version, an hardcore version that can attract the ones who seek details, a less gamey game. Ln'L have the strenght to have soo many periods to choose from, soo much potential.

Some may say "Shut up, Ln'L doesn't need changes, if you don't like it you don't understand it and then don't play it. Ln'L was all about simplicity, we don't need an ASL clone".

Ok, if you say so. The forums speaks clear, on BGG there is barely activity, here we are a little better but still.

I sense a silent future if we keep things like this. My buddies have all moved to ASL, i'm doing too and sold some old Ln'L games.

I don't like it but i've no one to play ln'l with. I'm always playing solo scenarios i played so much i know them perfectly.

The back of the box of Forgotten Heroes say: "Ln'L is more like watching an action movie about war...", i've watched this movie so many times...now i want the director's cut :)

I would love a Locked and Reloaded-T to be completely honest, maybe i can even start to work on something.

Next war has standard and advances rules sets, i don't see why Ln'l cant have it too. More choices, more players, win-win.

Last edited:

Nick DelCorpo

Agreed with 90% Rydo, ASL is a bit much in total, but the SK are good but will get old unless you go deeper. I have only met one other guy in Jersey who played LnL-T and 1 that I got into the system here in Arizona. Other than that, no one. If we look at the pre-order for Hell Frozen over, only about 100 pre-ordered, not good. We as LnLoaders want the system to thrive, the more players the better for us. I have thousands of dollars worth of LnL that collects a lot of dust as I don't play solo. I love the quality of the components, most of the rules. It just needs some tweaks, but the staff takes it so personal if you critique anything. We'll will see what happens in 2018. I played ATS for years and spent a lot before their owner and company pissed me off so bad that I sold everything! (those of you who know ATS will now about TT non-TT and all the high-prices, not to mention the treatment of customers by their "service" department)
I always thought an impulse was about 5 seconds?
Rydo we could try Vassal, I've never been able to get into it, but worth a shot? Rydo where are you from, I guess, Poland? I clicked on where you were fro, "Somewhere" Aka Tempe, AZ I am 15 min away in Chandler, let me know if you want to meet for some LnL I live five minutes from the game depot on Alma. Just an FYI, I have never seen a LnL-T game being played other than the ones I brought , set-up, tried to get people to play, (1 kid 17, did, he liked it) but how can I compete with Pokemon,Euro's, and, MTG?
And who still uses commas after "and" when creating a list with commas?

Rydo

I love the quality of the components, most of the rules. It just needs some tweaks, but the staff takes it so personal if you critique anything.

100% right.

I have thousands of dollars worth of LnL that collects a lot of dust as I don't play solo.

I've not thousands but hundreds yes and they are collecting dust too.

I always thought an impulse was about 5 seconds?

From what i know one turn is from 2 to 5 minutes, an impulse is the actions that the activated units do in those five minutes. They could be 5 seconds up to 5 mins i think.

Rydo we could try Vassal, I've never been able to get into it, but worth a shot?

Vassal is veery easy to set up, i told a friend of mine on the phone how to install it and start a module and we even played, i use it when i'm too lazy to put on the game board :) and its very good for testing purposes not to mention our only way to stay togeter and enjoy Ln'L togeter too! :)

but worth a shot?

Are you asking me to play? Are you kidding me? Of course i want to play with you!

Rydo where are you from, I guess, Poland? I clicked on where you were fro, "Somewhere" Aka Tempe, AZ I am 15 min away in Chandler, let me know if you want to meet for some LnL I live five minutes from the game depot on Alma.

I'm not Polish even if we share the same landmass :) I'm Italian and i live in Italy, "somewhere" is like a joke. For example immagine someone ask:

Where are you from?

From somewhere...

You know to not give details and be misterious :)

I have never seen a LnL-T game being played other than the ones I brought , set-up, tried to get people to play, (1 kid 17, did, he liked it) but how can I compete with Pokemon,Euro's, and, MTG?

You can't but not because Ln'L couldn't stand a chance but because Ln'L is about history and the modern teaching system teach kids that history is boring and old. Out of 10 close friends only one like history like me and we spend hours on the phone just talking about it!

And who still uses commas after "and" when creating a list with commas?

I've done this in previous posts? I'm sorry :)

--------------------

BTW I can have a logical and almost complex conversation in english so speaking trought skipe, discord or whatever method is not a problem :)

I'm also in touch with a German guy and we need to organize something via vassal too as he is a fan of the system.

See you Nick!

Nick DelCorpo

Thanks Rydo, I took 2 years of Italian in college. I also lived in Germany for 6 years and have been to Italy many times although never south of Rimini or San Marino. And commas after and, i think are the standard. And I think your English is great. Let me know when you want to do some vassal i now how to use it well. I know we can compete with those games but we should be able to haver a table at war gamings biggest convention. We also have to remember LNL Publishing is more then just LnL-T, and they have a lot on their plate.

Rydo

Thanks Rydo, I took 2 years of Italian in college. I also lived in Germany for 6 years and have been to Italy many times although never south of Rimini or San Marino. And commas after and, i think are the standard. And I think your English is great. Let me know when you want to do some vassal i now how to use it well. I know we can compete with those games but we should be able to haver a table at war gamings biggest convention. We also have to remember LNL Publishing is more then just LnL-T, and they have a lot on their plate.
Right!

What about your usual gaming hours? At what hour you're comfortable playing? I'm not that busy this weekend and all weekends usually.

I can play sometime even during the whole week from monday to friday. What about you?

We can open the dances with a classic ( A friend in need, Assault on vireville ) or we can go search some nasty scenario...:cool:

Like Phoney War from Blitzkrieg, a little static for the germans and much more action for the french but if the french manage to slip trought the south sector...

Or in Checkpoint Calvi, the frech are outnumbered 3 to 1 almost but are heavy equipped. The rebels are numerous, full of SWs and they must make their two pickups to survive if they want to keep the momentum and fresh units on the front line...too bad that Sagaie ( french tank ) have a clear view of the road...

...and so on.

Nick DelCorpo

There re so many great ones, I just got HfO lets try something from there if the module is up in time,otherwise France 40 sounds great . I best gaming hours now are all -day as I am job seeking :) Maybe start a LnL-T podcast while we play, I think this community needs some juice. Talk about the history behind the scenario, outcomes, game-play,etc.... Also, I was thinking about our conversations lately. The reason its hard develop more games is we lack the data of where they get the data to determine the stats. Sure we could deduce and work backwards but I think a "why" behind the numbers is better then just keep adding stuff on because its cool or could be realistic in a particular situation.

Rydo

There re so many great ones, I just got HfO lets try something from there if the module is up in time,otherwise France 40 sounds great . I best gaming hours now are all -day as I am job seeking :) Maybe start a LnL-T podcast while we play, I think this community needs some juice. Talk about the history behind the scenario, outcomes, game-play,etc.... Also, I was thinking about our conversations lately. The reason its hard develop more games is we lack the data of where they get the data to determine the stats. Sure we could deduce and work backwards but I think a "why" behind the numbers is better then just keep adding stuff on because its cool or could be realistic in a particular situation.
Great!

About datas, you're right, we can try ask Jeff Lewis even if he's missing on the forums for some time or Ralph Ferrari that is currently designing Grenada!

About the vassal game, it is ok this weekend for you? Like tomorrow? Or...?

Were are you living? If your profile is right we have some 6 hours difference. Here are the 17:35 while you should be at 11:35.

We need to take this into account!

PS: I'm not scared of big scenarios ;)

Nick DelCorpo

I live in Arizona, right outside phoenix. my best time is 11pm to 2 am or earlier, as of now. I'm open we can play tomorrow morning early. say 6-7 my time?And The are not giving up that data for sure, I would sign a release to keep my mouth shut. I had a clearance in the army i think i can keep tight lipped about some LnL-T under the hood stuff. LOL Hope to be playing soon Rydo,by the way my name is Nicholas, butmy friends call me nicky or nick

Rydo

I'm open we can play tomorrow morning early. say 6-7 my time?k
It should be 17 afternoon right??? We have 7 hours then. I'm 7 hours late. We contact us here and then move on to some vocal chat?

:) My name is Riccardo = Richard in english. Rydo ( pronounced Raido ) is my nick, you can call me like that as its more fast :)

See you Nick!