Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnL Tactical System beginner friendly?

DonF

Hey guys!
New forum member here. I recently have been looking over the Heroes of the Pacific tactical game, and it hits a historical sweet spot for me as I love the Pacific side of WWII more than Europe.

I would be playing it solitaire, but I know the LnL Tactical system is okay with that. My question for the forum members is how beginner friendly this system is? It would be one of my first wargames. I am excited to try it out.

Thanks all!

Nick DelCorpo

You will not find a better system for squad level combat then LnL-Tac, It is by far the easiest and best looking of the big three (ASL,ATS,LnL-T) Welcome Brother!!!

Qwirz

Though HoP is not the easiest among the LnL modules, its rulebook (new and revised 4.0 rule version) is presented in a very neat and comprehensible way. You can play infantry only scenarios reading just section 1.0 through 11.0 ( I can't remember if there are inf only scenarios in HoP but you can adapt them to start) Learned the system you can easily add ordnance and vehicles.
It's a very rewarding system!