Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Compendium Vol1, Vol2 & Vol3

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Coming soon In the Lock 'n Load Tactical Compendium Volume 1 you can read indispensable articles on infantry and tank tactics—it’s like attending advanced combat training. The content of Volume 1 of the Lock ’n Load Tactical Compendium. Volume 1 is the WW2-Era edition, and it collates, in a re-edited and updated format, all of the essential WW2-Era LnLT articles, maps and scenarios from every issue of Line of Fire magazine, plus some new content, including four new scenarios.

Scenarios comprise the bulk of this Compendium, and more scenarios equal more gameplay for your existing games. From the desperate moments of the Blitzkrieg in 1940 to North Africa in 1942 to Normandy in 1944 and across France to Holland and into the Hürtgen Forest of Germany, in four new scenarios played on redesigned maps. With over 110 pages, 22 scenarios and six maps, this Compendium has something for everyone who’s a fan of the Lock ’n Load Tactical series’ WW2-Era games. One game system, one era, one place!

LnLT Compendium Vol 1 Cover.jpg LnL-COMPWW2-Board53-rev2 Sample.jpg LnLT Compendium Vol1 WW2.jpg

David

joneshowarda

Wow -- there's so much great looking LnL Tactical coming out I don't know how I'm going to afford it. Especially if it hits at the same time!!!

CoolWhipKid

This is fantastic news. Will you follow your pattern of including X-Maps with preorders? If not, will X-Maps be made available for the 6 maps included in this package. I don't want to sound greedy but you've spoiled me and there is no going back.

Cantatta

The compendium sounds great. It will be nice to have all that material and information compiled together in one place. There are a lot of good articles from LoF magazine, but new material also sounds exciting. You can never have enough of this stuff, IMHO.

Mark Brownell

I'm very pleased that the Compendium Volume I mentions North Africa in 1942. That must mean that "Heroes of North Africa" is coming soon!
What will be the projected price?

Jeff Lewis

I'm very pleased that the Compendium Volume I mentions North Africa in 1942. That must mean that "Heroes of North Africa" is coming soon!
What will be the projected price?
The North Africa stuff in the Compendium has nothing to do with Heroes of North Africa; they are scenarios that were in Line of Fire. The Map has been upgraded. That said, Heroes of North Africa is coming soon.

Mark Brownell

I have all the early tactical series games and I don't remember any with units for North Africa scenarios. What scenarios were in Line of Fire
for North Africa?

Jeff Lewis

I have all the early tactical series games and I don't remember any with units for North Africa scenarios. What scenarios were in Line of Fire
for North Africa?
To clarify, they are not Heroes of North Africa scenarios. They are scenarios that were set in North Africa. Two from LoF7 and one from LoF8. All had unique Maps that have been redone. They use counters from other modules, Noville, Band of Heroes, Heroes of the Blitzkrieg, and/or now Normandy and Heroes in Defiance.

Alfy

I'll second the request for x-maps being made available, even separately. I'm a newcomer to the series (I haven't even actually bought anything, as I'm waiting for reprints and preorders to come through), but I see keeping the bigger maps compatible, even at an additional price, is a big plus.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
I will need to check on the X-Maps guys but we normally try to make X-Maps available with the Compendiums. This really a case of can we print them that large or not. I will check on Monday.

David

Bryan Anthony

One question I have is will the counters that were made for some of the scenarios also be provided? One in particular that I remember There were counters for the Band of Brothers scenarios. The same question goes for the modern Somalia scenarios for when you do the modern compendium.

Jeff Lewis

One question I have is will the counters that were made for some of the scenarios also be provided? One in particular that I remember There were counters for the Band of Brothers scenarios. The same question goes for the modern Somalia scenarios for when you do the modern compendium.

We aren't including any of the scenarios that require counters--and this is very few scenarios. We can't make a countersheet for just a handful of counters. For the Brecourt Manor scenario you mention, we easily subbed in other Leaders and we've redone the map to match our other map artwork.