Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Bug List

DeHammer

Glad I found this. We'll be sure to send a bug report the next time we have issues while playing.

We played a round of 'Red Beach, Red' (Heroes of the Pacific) last night, and at one point my brother's US Marine heros charged a stack of my Japanese troops (to apply the melee marker restrictions) and was understandably defeated. The side bar indicated it's elimination, however my brother still saw the unit in place after the assault, and I still saw the same hero in it's original starting hex from before it charged. It stayed that way for a turn or so. As soon as we tried to interact with the unit after it's demise the game locked up. We manage to reload an auto-save and when we did the unit was gone altogether.

That was a fun scenario and I managed to win as Japanese. But now I want to try as US Marines.

DeHammer

Not so much a game bug as an incorrect rules implementation, I started a thread for an issue I ran into using starshells as US forces in Heroes of the Pacific Digital.

Thread is here:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Dehammer, you do know that you can press F3 in game and send your bug/remarks directly to the dev inbox?. It is quite efficient

DeHammer

Dehammer, you do know that you can press F3 in game and send your bug/remarks directly to the dev inbox?. It is quite efficient

Yes, I've made a number of reports this way. However, I have noticed that some of the things we initially think may be bugs actually have an explanation in the rules. I wanted to be sure that what I'm observing is an issue with the digital game itself, and not a problem with the module rules manual. Technically it's not a bug so much as a 'misprint' or data error.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I see then yes, feel free to ask here before. In the case of the starshell, it does seems to be a data problem in LNLT Digital and this will be adjusted; far easier to do then change the printed game :)

Andrew Keith

View attachment 8310
LnLT Digital Bug List - If you are having an issue while playing the game please press F3 or Shift-B and it will automatically submit a bug report directly to the LnLP development team. If you decide to leave a bug report please make sure to leave as much description as possible, what side you were playing, what scenario, what mode of play, etc.

View attachment 8310
LnLT Digital Bug List - If you are having an issue while playing the game please press F3 or Shift-B and it will automatically submit a bug report directly to the LnLP development team. If you decide to leave a bug report please make sure to leave as much description as possible, what side you were playing, what scenario, what mode of play, etc.
Heroes against Red Star. Trying to play Red Backer 1 as the Soviets. The BRDM-ATs and the BDM-1 never have a fire option available even though they may be in LOS and in range. This is really killing my enjoyment of trying to play this scenario so a quick fix would be highly appreciated. They can spot but cant fire on what they spotted. :-(

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Just treid it and one of my BRDM-AT was able to fire. Could it be smoke or the plateau effect behind buildings?

Xzight

Hi I just bought this game tonight on steam. When I open the game the menu is completely blank and I am not sure what to do. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but it's the same.

bug.png

DeHammer

Hi I just bought this game tonight on steam. When I open the game the menu is completely blank and I am not sure what to do. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling but it's the same.

Have you tried to verify the integrity of the game files in Steam?

Right click over the game, select 'properties'.
When the 'Properties' window opens, select 'Local Files'
Then select 'Verify Integrity of Game Files'.

Xzight

Have you tried to verify the integrity of the game files in Steam?

Right click over the game, select 'properties'.
When the 'Properties' window opens, select 'Local Files'
Then select 'Verify Integrity of Game Files'.
Hi thank you for the suggestion I thought that would fix it but when I tried it says that the files are valid.

Attachments

• game files.png
    game files.png
    77 KB · Views: 1

DeHammer

Hi thank you for the suggestion I thought that would fix it but when I tried it says that the files are valid.
I haven't tried my game tonight so it's possible there's a larger issue, but another common issue with games in general is video drivers. I would just suggest ensuring your video drivers are up to date. Being that it seems to load for you but doesn't display everything, it possible it's a rendering issue.

Xzight

I double checked my graphics drivers and restarted my PC but the issue still persisted. Let me know if you have the same problem.

Vampir

BUG?
How to orientate bunkers and caves while preparing a scenario for gameplay when generating or editing a scenario? There are no buttons to orient fortifications on the map.
bc1.PNG

Scenario For the Emperor, Americans playing AI. Japanese airstrike ordnance landed on a hex containing a smc with the 'Lucky Man' trait. Game asked me if I wished to apply this trait to the combat outcome. This should not have been asked as I was not playing Americans.

Paul Aceto

Two things came up today, only one of which may be a bug.

I set up a Belgians vs Germans campaign with the Heroes in Defiance module, selected human for Belgians, but when I loaded the first scenario, I was not given a hero to personalize, as I was when I did a French campaign. Is that option only available for the major powers?

Second issue definitely seemed like a bug. My French had a pillbox with 25 mm gun, and when it fired at a German unit that had just entered, it must have gotten off 14 or 15 shots, one after another. In the attached pic, you can see at least 4 of the ordnance shots showing in the bottom right. I tried clicking with both mouse buttons all over the map, but I could not find a way to interrupt this.

PS - I now know about the pressing F3 in game to report this kind of thing, and will do so in the future.

Any estimate as to when the Heroes of North Africa modules will be released?
LnLTD bug.jpg

Leovdw

Hi there, coming from Steam discussions with regards the recent CTD. I am still getting a CTD. I have attached my player log.
Thanks.

Attachments

• player_log.txt
    31.7 KB · Views: 1

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Looks like it's crashing at the video intro, after loading it but before (during?) playing it.

It should be skipping that already if you're on Windows 7, so I assume you are not. If you just hold down the spacebar when starting the game it will also skip the video. Another (permanent) method is to edit the starting parameters in Steam: right click the game name in the steam library->Properties and then type skipintro in the Launch Options box.

Let me know if that works or not, the Unity video player seems to be pretty fussy and it would be good to have another example of where it does not work if it was indeed the problem. Thanks!