Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Mod friendliness and Modability...?

kohlenklau

I am poking around my hard drive looking for files that correspond to my LnLT Digital DLC and can't yet find anything. I do not have any understanding of how Steam works. SOMETHING downloaded when I purchased stuff. Maybe it is encrypted and untouchable. I flat out wonder if this game is even "modable"...? Ever since Close Combat and then onward to John Tiller games and then to BFC Combat Mission series I have always loved to hack out my own amateur art as mods.

I DID search the LnLT Digital forum and did not find any good results.

Am I out of luck for even being able to make and locally use my own counters?

Once I know if the answer is indded "nope", I can accept it and just focus on the scenario editor to get my creativity fix.

Thanks!

kohlenklau

I am busy outside building a small concrete slab but I just remembered I saw a thread for a sound mod for ANOTHER LnL game. So, I will take a look at that later to see if it gives me any clues about accessing the files for LnLT-D.

Does anybody here remember way back when...as I recall it...fans figured out how to get into the Close Combat files and "opened the door" to allow some modding?

This is never to take a penny from anybody. I just want to see maybe something else besides what the LnL folks have done so far. But I must say they have some odd birds they have gone and published! Libya Civil War? I don't own it and I am not throwing stones at it...but talk about obscure! I want Dien Bien Phu and the Pusan Perimeter.

..headed back out to cut rebar.

Compass Rose

I am poking around my hard drive looking for files that correspond to my LnLT Digital DLC and can't yet find anything. I do not have any understanding of how Steam works. SOMETHING downloaded when I purchased stuff. Maybe it is encrypted and untouchable. I flat out wonder if this game is even "modable"...? Ever since Close Combat and then onward to John Tiller games and then to BFC Combat Mission series I have always loved to hack out my own amateur art as mods.

Once I know if the answer is indded "nope", I can accept it and just focus on the scenario editor to get my creativity fix.

Thanks!
Yes, I too have a history of creating small "art mods" for my games to make things easier for me to identify and see, especially since the older I get, these eyes aren't getting any younger! ;-) You need to locate your main steam folder and start "going down every rabbit hole" and you will find the LnL Digital folders. On my computer it is: Steam > steamapps >common>Lock 'Load Tactical> LnLTactical_Data>StreamingAssets and the title that you want to look into. Good Luck!

kohlenklau

FYI. I did ask about .tde files over at the text chat area of LnL discord. No reply yet.

kohlenklau

One of the great things about these gaming communities is that maybe SOMEBODY will see this that HAS the skills to unlock this issue. Maybe they are NOT the person to make new art. But they bring what they have to the table of collaboration and we ALL move forward.

For the record, the current counters are gorgeous. I just want to play around and have fun to make some and then see them in the game.
Big time Woody!

JimCunningham

Thanks!
Steam buries the game files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Lock 'n Load Tactical

kohlenklau

The counters are *.tde files...?

I have no idea at this time what that is and how I might be able to edit an image and import it into the game.

I have a FANTASY to make some amateur Dien Bien Phu French counters. Korea as well...

If it is a standard encryption routine, then maybe "somebody smart" writes a small utility or 2 to explode/export it into an editable bmp file for photoshop or GiMP, as well as the opposite direction to pack/export it back to a *.tde, and we are in business.

kohlenklau

Devin "The OG" replied over in LnL discord

April 4, 2022
d210a0d7d214a4003563ca0789038a54.webp
@Devin "The OG"
As far as I know there is no way to mod out counters or maps for Digital.

ok, that answers that. Thanks Devin.