Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
LnLT Modern Era 1960 - Present Core Rules Final

LnLT Modern Era 1960 - Present Core Rules Final v4.1

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David Heath submitted a new resource:

Lock 'n Load Tactical Modern Era Core Rules Living Edition - Lock 'n Load Tactical Modern Era Core Rules Living Edition

Lock 'n Load Tactical Modern Era Core Rules Living Edition

This is the latest set of guidelines and regulations for the game system. These rules present the core rules for the game system for modules taking place from 1960 to the present. Notable changes from previous versions of the rules (v3.1 and earlier) will be presented in BLUE text. Feel free to use these rules with previously published modules.

If you have any game questions, or if you are just looking...

Read more about this resource...

LnLT-ModernCover.jpg

The Plodder

Does this mean that the pre-orders for Heroes of the 'Nam are coming out soon? (Just curious so I can plan for the hit on my credit card)

The Plodder

In the contents in the 17.0 Infantry and Artillery Against Vehicles header, you have the page number twice. (Not trying to be picky, I was comparing the two rulebooks' contents side by side and noticed the errors)

Stephen Fong

I am new to the Lock 'n Load Tactical Modern Era game system but I like the fact that once I have mastered the rules in one of the games I can essentially play any of the other games that are part of the Modern Era.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hey Stephen,

You are going to like this even more. Once you know the rules really well, we put all new rules and changes in the next edition of the rules in non-black color so you can easily skip and read just the parts you need to. This helps a lot with getting right back into playing and not reading over the whole rule book.

David

Cottonbaler

David,

One more thing LnL could do to facilitate the transition to V4.1 for previous system players/owners is to make available copies of the new and improved quick reference cards that come with the new re-releases. Maybe as either a free download or for sale? I have all the earlier WWII Heroes games and expansions (and the new HotP) as well as FHV (two versions and expansion) and HotG (and expansion) and simply cannot afford to replace these with the new versions. My apologies if you have already made the reference cards available and I have simply missed them. If you haven't done so, you might want to consider it. I commend you and your team for making previous versions of LnLT compatible with the newest ones -- thanks!

Steve

Terrement

I am new to the Lock 'n Load Tactical Modern Era game system but I like the fact that once I have mastered the rules in one of the games I can essentially play any of the other games that are part of the Modern Era.

How much "slop" would you say are in the rules to edge out of the era? For example, Haven't yet played (new to this company of games) I have Band of Brothers. I'm buying the upcoming 'NAM game. How well would the rules /counters work for a modern battle pack? Close enough to give a decent game? Close enough to give a game but with some holes? Close enough to play with some scenarios OK but others that just fall apart? So different that you really can't cross periods?

Thanks,

JJ

ejwolski

Love the rulebooks! - I've got some suggestions that I'll detail below for the Modern Era Rulebook (some of these comments obviously carry over to the WW2 rulebook as well).

Page 4
First - the visual reference is awesome! It's just needs a few different or additional units to showcase the counters and possible markings. Specifically, I think this page should also include examples for Extended Range (5.4), Stealth Movement (6.4), Jamming (1.6.2), Assaulters (5.6), and Melee Bonus (8.5). I suggest adding the rules references to the labels if possible.

Page 6
1.2 Dice
- should say "...2d6 means two dice are rolled." Picky - yes, but one is a die and two or more are dice. :)

Page 8
1.6.2 Jamming
- this is great! The other special markings need to be labeled similarly. The capability description is the header, and the J superscript indicator is mentioned in the text. Compare to the M superscript (comments below). This should also be included on the visual reference on page 4.
1.6.3 - Please separate flamethrowers (1.6.3) and satchel charges (should be 1.6.4). They are two distinct SWs with specific rules for each.

Page 17
Extended range - please include this on the visual reference on page 4.

5.6 "A" Superscripted Firepower [Assaulters] - the title should be the capability, for example Assaulter or Assault Bonus. The indicator should be included on the visual reference on page 4 and in the description under 5.6. This paragraph, with the title updated, should serve as a model for the M superscript as well.

Page 19
6.4 Stealth Movement
- please include this on the visual reference on page 4.

Page 23
8.5 "M" Superscripted Units
- the title should be the capability like Hand to Hand Experts, Melee Experts, or Melee Bonus. Use the 5.6 Assaulter with updated title as a model for all such capabilities.

HEAT Rules - I don't see anything about the red armor factors (assuming these designate Chobham style or reactive armor) effect on HEAT rounds. A quick perusal of my counter boxes shows 1 M1 tank (Day of Heroes), 1 Challenger tank (Ring of Hills box but must be from LOF scenario), as well as M1s, T80s, and others from Heroes of the Gap. I didn't see any in HeP, and I didn't check FH/AA.

My v3.1 rulebooks for HOTG and DOH mention a -4 penalty to PV when shooting heat against the red AV units. The quick reference in the back of the new v4.1 rulebooks mentions 1/2PV penalty, but maybe that was updated at some point? In any case, I would consider it a core rule and not a module specific rule.

I'll provide anything else I see upon further, more detailed reads.

Again, awesome job!

Last edited: