Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Play By Forum: Heroes Against the Red Star #9 Down Time (PLAYERS NEEDED)

Barthheart

Staff member
The only problem is the shaken squad can't move closer to any GO enemy unit in LOS. Which pretty much means they could only move to Q13 or P14 for cover. Both of those hexes make it easier for the US to get at the Capt and shaken squad because of the buildings blocking LOS.....

We could just move the Capt. into the melee hex to help out but that's a fairly large risk... but better than losing him standing in the street.

If we want to save the Capt. then I'd say move him Q11 - Q10 - R10. The only available Op fire hex is Q11 and the tank will give some cover.

I still think shooting and, hopefully, killing the hero is the best right now. It will help us recapture that hex and give us points for killing the hero.

Rydo

The only problem is the shaken squad can't move closer to any GO enemy unit in LOS. Which pretty much means they could only move to Q13 or P14 for cover. Both of those hexes make it easier for the US to get at the Capt and shaken squad because of the buildings blocking LOS.....

We could just move the Capt. into the melee hex to help out but that's a fairly large risk... but better than losing him standing in the street.

If we want to save the Capt. then I'd say move him Q11 - Q10 - R10. The only available Op fire hex is Q11 and the tank will give some cover.

I still think shooting and, hopefully, killing the hero is the best right now. It will help us recapture that hex and give us points for killing the hero.

Let's try to shoot then and hope for the best!

Ty Snouffer

TURN 4

Soviets fire on Hero with NE. His high Morale saved him.
Ctp Boone joins Melee in the SE eliminating the Soviets. (3:1 odds). Hex reverts to US control.

Soviet impulse. Orders?
Logs posted
Current state
image.png

Rydo

Sorry Cpt.Barth for intromising without talking about it but i was scared and it was my first reaction :D

Ty Snouffer

TURN 4

The Shakens move

Soviets move Shaken unit.
US moves Shaken unit.

Soviet impulse. Orders?
image.png

Ty Snouffer

The rules don't seem to say when a unit can button or unbutton, guess you can do it on your impulse. Do I have that right?

TURN 4
I moved the shaken Soviet back.
The T62 Fires on the hero. All weapons NE (it was close).

Soviet Impulse (the US already moved earlier). You have the shaken unit and the units in the top of R10 to move.
Orders?
image.png

Barthheart

Staff member
Button/unbutton used to only in the rally phase but that was dropped in 4.1. You just can't do both in one impulse.

Did the tank get the +1 bonus for being unbuttoned?

Ummm.... The Capt. and the shaken unit can not have moved from Q12 to R11.. is what I was trying to point out. R11 is on LOS of the hero in P10 and is 1 hex closer than Q12.

Not sure why you moved the shaken unit in R10 back to Q9? R13 is not in LOS of R10, so the shaken can move to R10 from Q9.

You need to rewind the turn all the way back to what is shown in post #144. Then the Soviets need to take their turn from there. OR not rewind anything and we'll just play from here.

If playing from here the tank's ACQ. increases to +2.

Ty Snouffer

Ah, I see. Sorry about that. (Another) nice catch.

Let's play it as is please. I did add the -2 Acq mod for the T62 spotting.

To level set, the US has the Medic left. The Soviets have the units in the top or R10 and the Shaken unit in Q9.

Thanks

Rydo

The shaken squad should be in R10 right?

BTW i say move the shaken squad back in R10 and let's forget about the mistake in R11. Those men were so shaken they don't payed attention to the hero ;)

Risky to unbutton but we have to try with all we've got so i'll follow you and ask too to unbutton and shoot everything at the hero.

He's tought and a 7 morale will be a hard nut to crack but hopefully we can achieve a wound.

Next round, if the units don't resume from shake then we're gonna have a serious problem :eek:

Barthheart

Staff member
Then I suggest we move the squads in R10 upper level to melee the hero. It will be our 5 against his 2. So roll on the 2:1 column. The hero will fight back with 2 to 5, if he fights everyone, or 2 to 2, if he's smart.
If he's a really hero he'll fight everyone and get 1:2 column shifted to 2:3 column.
If he's a smart hero he'll fight the unarmed squad and get 1:1 column shifted to 3:2 column.

Killing the hero is worth VP points AND we'll get the VP hex back..... if it works.... dice have not been kind to us....

Rydo

Then I suggest we move the squads in R10 upper level to melee the hero. It will be our 5 against his 2. So roll on the 2:1 column. The hero will fight back with 2 to 5, if he fights everyone, or 2 to 2, if he's smart.
If he's a really hero he'll fight everyone and get 1:2 column shifted to 2:3 column.
If he's a smart hero he'll fight the unarmed squad and get 1:1 column shifted to 3:2 column.

Killing the hero is worth VP points AND we'll get the VP hex back..... if it works.... dice have not been kind to us....
You like to risk a lot! :)

Hope your calculations will happens!

[ Order ] = Activate all units in R10 and melee the hero.

To me this is madness but maybe it will change the odds a bit!