Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Starter Kit - Tabletop Simulator IS AVAIBLE! [ Downloadable! ]

Rydo

Hello!

The title is pretty self explanatory, i made the starter kit into Tabletop Simulator but i need the permission from Ln'L to post it.

It is very basic, raw and can do its job

Hope you guys will like it, and after that i plan to port all the Ln'L modules into tabletop...well i still need those high quality immages for them too :)

Nick are you ready? I challenge you to all four Starter kit scenarios! If you want you can help me test this whole thing out, what do you think? :shame:

Rydo out...

...oh i almost forgot, the classic photos for non-believers ( are you? ) :

uno.png

--------------------

due.png

Last edited:

Rydo

Update #1

Apparently the reason why the counters looks blurry is because of their size.

I used photoshop to resize one and this is the results: ( left original size - right resized ):

kkk.png

This means that i'll have to MANUALLY resize all of them...it will take a few hours...

Nick DelCorpo

Rydo I am soooo down for whatever, I'l call you in like 4 hours and we'll play. Also "The Plodder" is kind of a panzer grenadier legend, he can create games and is a great resource use him if he lets you :) Why do the counters look thick. Between the new website, and Rydo work with Tabletop sim, its gonna be a sweet year for LnL-T

Rydo

Rydo I am soooo down for whatever, I'l call you in like 4 hours and we'll play. Also "The Plodder" is kind of a panzer grenadier legend, he can create games and is a great resource use him if he lets you :) Why do the counters look thick. Between the new website, and Rydo work with Tabletop sim, its gonna be a sweet year for LnL-T
I can be up to play in a hour from now 19:55 Italian time. I was busy for something bad that happened in house but now i'm ready to rock.

Since i can modify stuff with you in the game you can help me get this done right!

:)

Rydo

Update #2

Got permissions from David to post it when ready.

Today i had two great matches ( A friend in need, The weapons cache ) and it all went smooth and fine as he can confirm, right Nick?

Next we're gonna test Normandy with its two scenarios and starter kit is almost ready.

All counters now have the right tickness ( Nick help ) and detailed immages.

Actually, seeing how great and better is to play here i think i will shift projects on here...

Some gallery :

vc.png

vc2.png

vc3.png

Out.

Rydo

Oh, by the way, if you see counters edges not defined well and all, keep in mind i'm playing on low settings.

Here on Max:

lk.png

Broadsword56

I think it looks fantastic. Great work, Rydo!
3D boardgame apps like Tabletop Simulator and Tabletopia are wonderful because they approximate the experience of a physical game far more than VASSAL, Cyberboard, etc. You get a tactile experience, the lighting and graphics are ideal, the components look like real pieces sitting on the map, and you can get the same kind of commander's sweeping view over the table that you would in person -- not the tunnel vision effect that tends to happen in VASSAL. I think this is the direction where all wargames should be headed.

Nick DelCorpo

That was a great post Broadsword. Vassal is great but it is what it is,you don't get that tactile feeling. I love vassal, there is a TON of support for it,but it just doesn't do some game justice.Lock N' Load is such a game. Something about having the table, the lighting, the shading, the mp3 player, the tablet with web browser on, and whatever else you want on your gaming table. Vassal is free, and free is good, but in life you get what you pay for. Tabletop Simulator (hereafter TTS) is so much more, and there is also a virtual reality for TTS so you can get really gritty if you have the tech. Even without the virtual reality I had the same feeling playing TTS that I get when playing face to face, I just never got that feeling from vassal. TTS sells for 19.99 usually which in my opinion is way overpriced often swings down to a much more respectable 9.99. All this points to a reasonable licensing deal. If the rights could be bought and locked to give LnL-P some protection these games could be made to hit the 20-30$ price point. Now we have opened the game(in a cheap, affordable way),to a whole new larger audience of gamers.I have spoken to a plethora of Europeans that say customs and shipping make most physical LnL-T unobtainable. TTS solves this problem. Rydo has been kind enough to dedicate and volunteer many hours of his time to create the Starter Kit 1 into TTS, so if you grab the game TTS from STEAM or wherever you get your pc games you can download it for free(Starter Kit 1 and the Heroes of the Pacific). David Heath has also been kind enough to allow the games to be published in this manner. You could own both, or you could own the physical or the virtual copy, either way, you have a great game. We also need to get a sick LnL-T website up. It is an exciting year to be a LnL-T fan. Our first non Walker title, what could be a healthier sign.

Rydo

I think it looks fantastic. Great work, Rydo!
3D boardgame apps like Tabletop Simulator and Tabletopia are wonderful because they approximate the experience of a physical game far more than VASSAL, Cyberboard, etc. You get a tactile experience, the lighting and graphics are ideal, the components look like real pieces sitting on the map, and you can get the same kind of commander's sweeping view over the table that you would in person -- not the tunnel vision effect that tends to happen in VASSAL. I think this is the direction where all wargames should be headed.
I agree. I must admits that i never used vassal that much as i always preferred real life objects to manuever but after i tried Tabletop i had a blast!

The amount of control that i have, the freedom of looking everywere i want, move all the pieces i want and manipulate them like i want, the whole 3d world, the easy to learn process to make custom components.

This, to me, relighted my interests in boardgames even more! If some time ago i was only up to play on PS4 videogames in the evening now i'm always on Tabletop, with my friend Nick on Ln'L or with strangers on checkers or chess.

Thanks for the kind words, i was inspired to do this after i've downloaded and tested ASL starter kit into Tabletop and also that ASL mod was the primary reason i bought the simulator in the first place ( discounted at 9.90 ). Now you can play Ln'L starter kit too ( after me and Nick will finish testing it and giving the final touches ).

Bye!

Nick DelCorpo

It has been a pleasure testing it out Rydo, and your work is spectacular. Also, I am currently writing an article that I will publish on the website that will detail those Russo-Japanese border conflicts i'm always yammering on about. I want to see if there is enough excitement to warrant scenario creation using Hell Frozen Over as the map, or maybe Dark July instead, either way we already have the ,map we need. Also, some of you LnL-Publishing fans know about a little PnP game called "Island War" that is about the same scale as LnL-Tactical, perhaps even a precursor? I purchased this game from the current site awhile ago on a very good deal. There are a few maps that would fit perfect for Heroes of the Pacific. In fact I am designing a scenario that takes a few of those mas into account for a large beach invasion with U.S. Marines. I must first get permission from David. Anyway, it could be p[pretty sweet..I smell a campaign brewing, and boy is it strong.Check out "Summer Lightning", if you wan to play a good game on Poland 39'. Anyway, Lock N' Load is awesome!

Last edited:

Rydo

That was a great post Broadsword. Vassal is great but it is what it is,you don't get that tactile feeling. I love vassal, there is a TON of support for it,but it just doesn't do some game justice.Lock N' Load is such a game. Something about having the table, the lighting, the shading, the mp3 player, the tablet with web browser on, and whatever else you want on your gaming table. Vassal is free, and free is good, but in life you get what you pay for. Tabletop Simulator (hereafter TTS) is so much more, and there is also a virtual reality for TTS so you can get really gritty if you have the tech. Even without the virtual reality I had the same feeling playing TTS that I get when playing face to face, I just never got that feeling from vassal. TTS sells for 19.99 usually which in my opinion is way overpriced often swings down to a much more respectable 9.99. All this points to a reasonable licensing deal. If the rights could be bought and locked to give LnL-P some protection these games could be made to hit the 20-30$ price point. Now we have opened the game(in a cheap, affordable way),to a whole new larger audience of gamers.I have spoken to a plethora of Europeans that say customs and shipping make most physical LnL-T unobtainable. TTS solves this problem. Rydo has been kind enough to dedicate and volunteer many hours of his time to create the Starter Kit 1 into TTS, so if you grab the game TTS from STEAM or wherever you get your pc games you can download it for free(Starter Kit 1 and the Heroes of the Pacific). David Heath has also been kind enough to allow the games to be published in this manner. You could own both, or you could own the physical or the virtual copy, either way, you have a great game. We also need to get a sick LnL-T website up. It is an exciting year to be a LnL-T fan. Our first non Walker title, what could be a healthier sign.
Fully agree with all. Vassal is great but Tabletop is on another level to me ( wich is understandable as one is free and the other is not ).

Well, you're right about the 20-30 price point. A proper module with all scenarios, charts and all on TTS is worth the price and also it will increase Ln'L popularity. Only time will tell...well i already know i'll make all of them on TTS. Next one Nick, as you told me you would have liked to play, will be Heroes of the Blitzkrieg :)

Listen...can you hear that Char B1 engines roaming???

lll.png

Ty Snouffer

That looks pretty interesting guys. There is/was a Heroes of the Pacific TTS module that I tried once. I have to admit, I had the hardest time controlling things and that was a turn off. Are the modules you're using up on the Steam Workshop (or whatever it is called)? I should take another look.

Nick DelCorpo

yea, you can just Google it and subscribe to them, the modules in the steam workshop. Although the modules created by Rydo are private and cannot be subscribed to in the normal manner.

Rydo

That looks pretty interesting guys. There is/was a Heroes of the Pacific TTS module that I tried once. I have to admit, I had the hardest time controlling things and that was a turn off. Are the modules you're using up on the Steam Workshop (or whatever it is called)? I should take another look.
This module use a different approach and counter are pieces that can be moved with freedom, you can ask Nick about them. We found counters done in my way are easy to move and manuever than the ones done in the pacific one.

About the starter kit, it is not avaible yet in the workshop as i'm still testing it and i need to properly make it, i need to write all attributes on the units whenever you'll pass your mouse on one of them ( like AM, Self rally, etc ) and i still need to add charts, scenario cards and a proper rules summary.

It takes time and i want to do it right.

I don't have a date yet but i presume it will be avaible pretty soon on the workshop.

BTW as you see TY, i always keep my threads updated so when it will be avaible i'll write it in the title and on bgg :)

Hold on TY just a little bit :)

A hug to you!

Rydo

Update #3

Almost done, need description on units and TEC and its done. We're almost gold!

km.png