Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Lock 'n Load Tactical Series Ready for Deployment

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Jon

Heroes of the Faith was cancelled a while back. We gave out store credit and a bonus to those who had ordered it on I Want This Game. If you didn't get anything please open a support ticket.

David

Barthheart

Staff member
David, will Noville be redone or added to Heroes of Normandy? It's got such a great map and fun scenarios, even a solo system for one of them.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Vance

There is a good chance of us making a Heroes of the Bulge and updating and adding to that game. This will make a base/core games with new maps, scenarios and counters. There is no time frame on this now. Noville will play great with Heroes of Normandy.

David

Jeff Lewis

Heroes of the Faith has been cancelled. We may still make a game on this topic but it will differ in components and battles featured.

Qwirz

Do not abandon the idea of making modules/expansions. At the time you have core modules covering all the LnL history. Adding core modules will be more expensive for you and for us. heroes of the Bulge will work very fine as a module. And it's so nice to wait for new expansions to the favorite game system!!!!! :)

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Qwirz,

We will still be making expansions but they will be limited to new maps and scenarios. We want to make sure that all games with new counters are stand alone games. They do not require any other games to play.

David

Qwirz

Hi Dave!
So no more wonderful surprises like The Bear & the Jackal?!?! :(
Or LoF will still feature some new material (counters!) ?

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
If I was doing The Bear & the Jackal today, it would have been a box expansion edition that was able to be played with any core game in the Lock 'n Load Tactical series or a complete game. Currently The Bear & the Jackal needs the old Heroes of the Gap that been out of print for over three years, to me is not good for the gamers or the company. Going forward we will make expansion games have all the playing pieces it needs to be it's own core game or like Days of Villainy it can be played with any Lock 'n Load Tactical core game in the series.

We want "Living Games" that will give you more maps and scenarios to expand upon the games you already purchased from us. This will lead to much lower cost, more of them and more often.

David

Qwirz

Going forward we will make expansion games have all the playing pieces it needs to be it's own core game or like Days of Villainy it can be played with any Lock 'n Load Tactical core game in the series.
David

Thanks Dave!
This sounds so good to me!!!

Bob DeSilva

Sorry to bug you David, but I still have not received any emails about my Ring of Hills and Heroes of Normandy preorders. I also opened a new support ticket on October 19, but I haven't gotten any response. I'm not sure what the problem is, maybe it is on my end, but in any case can you please forward the emails you previously sent out to me to my current email address: muaddib7@verizon.net? It would be much appreciated. Thanks and please keep up the good work.

Mark

So looks like Nam and the Falklands are ready to be shipped any day now as I have noticed the 1960 rules are available to download, Hope Normandy isnt to far behind

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
The game release should go in the following order,

Heroes of the Normandy
Heroes of the Nam
Heroes of the Falklands
Heroes of the Motherland

An Updated 1960 Core rules will be out shortly. With the release of the 1930 - 1959 World War 2 Era Core Rules.

David

Frank Kiss

Website
boardgamegeek.com
Lot's of activity in the forums and a new game off the production line. Great to see!

David, could you please clarify what is "new" in the Heroes of the Falklands to one already owning Ring of Hills? I notice the much greater number of counters and some of this I expect is to add in the info markers (previously found in Band of Brothers, when ROH was an expansion) but the same number of scenarios. Apologies if you have previously answered this elsewhere.

Lastly ... no Aussie/ANZAC counters on the proposed Heroes of Nam box front cover art, hmmm.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Frank

Heroes of the Falklands not something every LnL Fans needs. Many fans hated needing a World War 2 game in order to play a modern game. So we added all the pieces that you need to make the game its own stand alone design. If there were any corrections to be made on the counters, maps or player aid cards we did them. Our counters also now have rounded corners. We also added some new player aid cards to help with game play. This will also included our new Battle Generator and X-Maps if you pre-order. I can't remember if there are any unreleased scenarios so I need to check with Jeff on that.

David

Frank Kiss

Website
boardgamegeek.com
Thanks for the very quick response (must be late night/early morning where you are!). Much appreciated.

OK, so one already owning Ring of Hills and Band of Heroes (not Brothers, oops) coupled with the new post-1960 LNL Tactical System Modern (Living) Rules set should be reasonably fine and on "comparable" ground to those intending to purchase the (improved/additional components and extra aids) re-release game.

While perhaps not a "must have" for many, the LNL series take on the Falklands conflict is highly recommended to those who didn't get a copy of ROH. I'm sure its nicer components and self contained nature will appeal to quite a few interested in well documented post-WWII small scale engagements.

Jeff Lewis

Heroes of the Falklands has one additional scenario that appeared previous in Line of Fire.