Looks great. Love it.

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by john connor, Mar 18, 2015.

1. john connor

john connor Member

So, there's a few issues being sorted, but no doubt about it (having played a day or so now and got used to it!) being able to set up your screen as below is fantastic, and much more functional than in CO1. Great stuff. CO1 has been removed from my machine!

3.png

Will try with a second monitor later today too!

2. panzerpit

panzerpit Member

Try it... and you will wonder how you could play on one monitor for such a long time. :) 2 monitors rulez.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Member

+1

That changed a lot for me too.

can we now open multiple force windows BTW? When opening a second force window, the old one just overrides itself, and I szill have one window. Also, can we now see the aggregated values for a, let's say, Bn? For example the average fatigue in the complete Bn in one window?

Regards,

A

4. john connor

john connor Member

Shift click on the force info select to open multiple tabs, iconoclast.

Mmm. 2 monitors is incredible, now I've tried it. All games should provide this functionality. The entire screen for the map. It's great.

5. Art Hall

Art Hall Member

I agree John 2 monitors is great....map on my 27" inch........all the other stuff on my 17" laptop screen!

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Member

Thanks!

Agree! I remember my first 2 monitor experience, which was Supreme Commander. Great feeling to play on one screen and see the big overview on the other!

Regards,

A

7. Nomowhale

Nomowhale Member

I love the flexibility of the new interface. Brilliant idea.

I started playing one of the Cauldron scenarios last night. I am a long time CO1 player so it was very easy to step right into C02. That is the good news. The bad news is the rumor is Rommel is going to have me shot unless I get the 8th Machine Gun Battalion moving very soon......

8. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

9. Nomowhale

Nomowhale Member

Dave, I have been playing wargames on the PC for 20 years or so. I can't believe no one came up with the idea before this. I think it is groundbreaking. One weakness in PC wargaming has been the stale and inflexible presentation of information. With the CO2 interface you can design your own UI every time you play. Kudos to you. Great job.

10. *budd*

*budd* Member

don't forget the replay feature that you can jump in and play from any point of the replay. Any other game have that? You can go back and see if your plan "B" was a better option.

11. Nomowhale

Nomowhale Member

Good point.......sort of like Edge of Tomorrow. I can keep dying all over again, again and again.

12. Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen

Then wait till you have tried three monitors :droid:

13. Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen

Manual (from the old game) on the left one, game on the main mointor and the dialogs on the third one.
    [​IMG]

14. altipueri

altipueri Member

And a strategically placed coffee. That's shows a serious approach. I usually played fuelled by alcohol - it makes me much more careless with men's lives.

15. Mark Ørnebjerg Jensen

Yeah, I love a warm cup of mocca when playing wargames, but a beer can do :)

16. Kurt

Kurt Member

two monitors looks great, i may consider it for my 50 birthday :oldman:

17. john connor

john connor Member

I really enjoyed 2 monitors, but have gone back to one now. The screen shot that starts this thread shows how great it can be with just one. And, at the end of the day, turning my head so much was a pain. I'm lazy. I like to sit rooted to the spot, for as long as possible, with wine, coffee, food, whatever, neck fixed in place, eyes at a handy standard focal length, permanently dry and sore, cervical vertebrae compressing the nerves in my fingers so they tingle, blood clots forming in my lower legs and slowly working their way to my heart......one monitor is good enough for me.

18. Rosmarus

Rosmarus Member

Dual monitor setup sure has its upsides, but as a someone who has always used just one monitor I don't really feel the need for a second one. I guess this is one of those things that you don't need until you get them. For example I didn't need iPad until my university handed me one, now I couldn't live without it. The other thing is that Command Ops doesn't really _need_ extra space. What I'm going after here is that you don't always have to have unrestricted view over the map, you can always pause your game and move your dialog boxes around and then continue once you feel satisfied with the UI. But hey, I might thing differently about this if and when I get anothe monitor, my firends have told me that it's a blast and it sure looks nice.

19. Panman

Panman Member

The coffee is on the wrong side of the desk ... imho ;-)

I really enjoy 2+ monitors. I do a lot of flight simming and this allows me to keep charts, manuals, and checklists up without taking up screen space. I find it is also very useful for larger strategic games when planning or conversing with allies or opponents. The beauty of this interface is that it works for both. Very flexible, easy to manage, a little more clicky than I prefer (I'd prefer the Task Edit dialogue to popup on all new tasks rather than a right click, select edit). One feature I'd really like is to have a second click on the main toolbar close the active popup rather than only having the dismiss ... but that's just me being lazy.

Great game ... not regretting the second purchase ... allowed me to get caught up on missing modules. Looking forward to getting reacquainted with this truly unique system.

20. Bobbyb1

Bobbyb1 Member

Like many people, I imagine, I have a 15" laptop as well as an external monitor. How can I direct the game to start on my external monitor so I can use that as the 'main' display and my laptop for other stuff? From what I can tell, like CO1 the game always starts on 'monitor 1' as it were - and the manual refers to the game starting on the 'main' monitor and there isn't an in-game setting to change that.