Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LOS Question

Tony Bravo

Board #15:

If I have an American MMC in I6 and he attempts to shoot a German MMC in K4, is the LOS blocked?

I know that J6 is considered degrading terrain, however is the entire hex of J5 considered blocked terrain, or is LOS clear from I6 to K4? I ask because when I use a piece of thread to view the LOS, the building in hex J5 is not touched by the thread. I know in other games, if the thread does not touch the building, the LOS is clear. Is this the same case for HoN?

MichaelCD

No expert and I do not have those maps but in 10.3 of the modern era 4.1 rules and probably in the same section of the WW II rules, it says:
Any silhouette of blocking terrain crossed by a LOS blocks it (except as otherwise noted).

So to me that means it has to actually touch the silhouette.

Tony Bravo

No expert and I do not have those maps but in 10.3 of the modern era 4.1 rules and probably in the same section of the WW II rules, it says:
Any silhouette of blocking terrain crossed by a LOS blocks it (except as otherwise noted).

So to me that means it has to actually touch the silhouette.

Thank s

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Actually, if you play by the RAW, the LOS is not even degraded in J6 as the thread does not touch any grave symbol and nowehere in the rules (IIRC) or the TEC is this type of terrain considered as filling the whole hex.

ThomM

The exception being Rule 10.3.2, LOS along a hex side. If the American squad was in J6, then the terrain in both J5 and K5 would be considered to fill the whole hex (and LOS between J6 and K4 would be degraded) .

Jeff Lewis

The exception being Rule 10.3.2, LOS along a hex side. If the American squad was in J6, then the terrain in both J5 and K5 would be considered to fill the whole hex (and LOS between J6 and K4 would be degraded) .

Correct

Starman

Is this any hex side flanked by blocking/degraded on either side along LOS or only adjacent to firer or target.

Starman

Thanks again, I thought I had only asked this on BGG didn't realise also asked elsewhere on here.