Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LOS question

TerryB

Hi guys.

I have the following scenario where the Brit leader (at L1 height) wants to launch an off-board artillery strike against the enemy position, as indicated by the red LOS line to a hez at L2 height.

T1%20LOS%202.jpg

The doubt is if the intermediate hill (L1) would block the line of sight and null this action.

LOS_T1.jpg

Thanks in advance for you help.
Terry

Cottonbaler

Terry,
My understanding is that the L1 hill at 7I3 (or at 7I1) would not, repeat not, block LOS from 6H4 (L1) to 7I4 (L2) since 7I3 and 6H4 are both at L1 elevation and are open terrain. If there was L1 blocking terrain in 7I3 (woods, building) raising the elevation of that hex in effect to L2 then LOS would be blocked. Defer to others if my interpretation is incorrect. Cheers,
Steve

TerryB

Thanks for the reply Steve. That was my understanding too.

Jeff Lewis

That's correct. But keep in mind that where the spotting round ends up still has to be in your LOS, so if it drifts out of LOS, you can't flip it to FFE.