Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LOS Question

Jack Ruetty

Had a situation today playing the digital game. Traced a LOS down a hex spine where the terrain on on side of the hex spine was a building and the other side of the hex spine was a barricade, both blocking terrain. The LOS showed clear but I felt is should be blocked. Reported as a possible bug but thought I would ask here.

I feel like this is an example of this rule from page 67 of the 5.1 rules:
"LOS traced along a hexside with blocking/
degrading terrain on BOTH sides
is blocked/degraded. Exception: LOS
traced along a hexside between two separate
Building or Huts hexes."

Thanks for the help
Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes, it should be blocked. Problem is probably that this situation is an exception to the general rule that LOS must touch art to be affected

Jack Ruetty

I thought of that but I also thought that LOS traced down a hexside took priority over this. Does rule 10.3.2 provides an exception to touching art? Especially the first paragraph.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Kind of, although you could say that if a hex terrain is considered whole hex, it does means that going along the hexspine means touching 'virtual" art

Jack Ruetty

Kind of a followup question. I did destroy the barricade using the OFT fire of a tank as outlined in the rules. Should this remove the counter? It did not but did take away the effect of the tank not being able to move through the hex.