Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LoS tool to include range

JArraya

I couldn't find a similar post to this but apologies if it has already been requested.

Can you please add a range (in meters) to the end of the LoS tool? In other words, when stretching the LoS tool the distance would show as a number on the end of it. Very helpful for placing units.

Thanks

Rob

I couldn't find a similar post to this but apologies if it has already been requested.

Can you please add a range (in meters) to the end of the LoS tool? In other words, when stretching the LoS tool the distance would show as a number on the end of it. Very helpful for placing units.

Thanks

+1

Nice idea!

JArraya

Dave just checking to make sure you saw this?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Yeh I saw it. I actually checked to see if this would be something quick and easy to do for a novice UI programmer like myself. But it wasn't. I need to do some more homework on how to draw directly to the map with text. I don't want to use the D2DSurface routines because they slow the game down too much.

JArraya

Thanks Dave, not pressuring, just didn't want it to get missed.

JArraya

Just want to re-bump this up the chain. Still think this would be very very useful!

Bullman

...fast forward +3yrs on, another bump!

Actually I just started playing CO2 after a bit of a break. I picked a scenario, loaded it up and one of the first things I did before I even started the battle was survey the battlefield using the LOS tool. I instinctively expected the range to appear as well.

This feature would be a great addition to the game! Do we have an update on it?

simovitch

Turning on the 1Km grid while I use the LOS tool helps me enough that I don't think this feature would be anything more than fluff. But that's just me. I'm pretty sure it has dropped down the priority list as we try to get the combat models reworked.