Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Losheim Gap

Guy Miller

In this scenario I have to envelop, gain crossing of 3 bridges and exit the map. A tall order for sure. Another scenario start with no armor (only 7 StUG's). The engineers on the ridge are reported to be green so hopefully I can contain and wipe them out without trouble and without eating up a lot of my strength. Taking the bridges in another matter. My reinforcements are going to have to move quickly to do that before they are blown. Intel is once again sketchy beyond the Schnee Eifel. There'a armor there though, so I will have to rely on ART to dislodge them. I plan to use my Werfers to take any cohesion away from the ENG's in the Eifel. Here's my plan:Gap1.png gap2.png gap3.png

As I know this won't survive contact with the enemy, I'll adapt once I get better intel.

Guy Miller

Dawn of D2.

in the north I feel confident that the 294 & 295 REG's can take their objectives and do their part to seal off the Allied retreat from Schnee Eifel.
gap4.png

on the southern flank my forces are too strung out and exposed to attacks from multiple flanks. the 293 REG got shot up pretty badly making for Radscheid. I'm not sure I have enough there to hold off the retreat from the East. Also, the 164 REG has met with stiff resistance.

gap5.png

Reinforcements are on the way though. And today I need to get to those bridges. I think the only realistic chance I have of getting a bridge today is Andler.

Guy Miller

A couple days later this is the situation. The envelopment of the retreating Schnee Eifel forces went pretty well. I didn't close the gap as I wanted to, but, I still did some major damage. I specially loved driving my Tigers right into the retreating INF. Combine that with some Werfers and the route was on. It was a mini "Falaise Gap."

Yet, I only have one bridge intact. But the other two are ready to fall into my hands as seen below. One thing I realized is that this is not an exit scenario, I read that wrong. I have several more objective to take in just two days. The bridges need to go quick. However, once again fatigue is becoming an issue. I still have some reinforcements that I can push forward though to relieve my tired troops.

Encirclement and flanking is the name of the game for this scenario.

gap6.png gap7.png gap8.png

Guy Miller

I managed to take the bridges, but couldn't take any objectives west of them. Honestly, I think I have the bad habit of losing my focus on the last 2 days of the scenarios I have played. In the end I usually just get sloppy. I think victory is in my grasp and I get sloppy.

I had every intention of getting my forces to the West but fierce counter-attacks to take the bridges prevented my guys to get where I wanted them. Also, I made the mistake of thinking a ferry was a bridge. Again, loss of focus. I thought this was a really fun scenario.

Screenshot (188).png

Takoda

"It was a mini Falaise Gap".
That bit cracked me up, thanks for posting another great AAR.