Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Love the Solitaire Component!

Whiterook

Website
www.militarywargaming.com
I was on the LNLP site the other day and heroes of the Colosseum jumped out at me. I pressed the graphic, was shuttled to the game page, and fell in love!

Many years ago, I came across the old Avalon Hill game Circus Maximus. Though I've only played once online (on my forum), I found it very intriguing. In fact, I have come close to pulling the trigger many a time on eBay, in picking up that game, but never did. I could just never get past the gut feeling that the system would just NOT attract opponents around where I live.

Then, a friend in England introduced me to a Gladiator miniatures game he plays, and again...I as fascinated! Hand to hand combat in the ring was brutal, and exciting. But again, I could not justify buying a bunch of miniatures to paint and never play (it again, I am certain no one around me would play it), beyond solitaire.

To my astonishment, here is a game that combines gladiatorial combat AND chariot racing; AND has a solitaire component.

Oh money, thy cruel Mistress....but for you I'd be running for the Cart!

I am sooooooooo going to buy this game!