Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

M2/3,Marder ARM

Ive reccently started to play the 2.0 rules and have noticed that the armour rating for the M2/3 and Marder IFV is a 6 while the comparable BMP 1/2 is a 5,is this based purely on armour thickness(most referances ive seen would seem to imply that the BMP has thinner armour)or does size play a role in the assessment(the BMP is certainly smaller)?
Additionally are ADMs affected by the terrain they are dropped in,ie forest/city hexes would reduce their effectiveness i would have thought?

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi Martin, I recommend downloading the 2.1 rules we just made available in the Resources section here. :)

https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/world-at-war-85-core-rules-pdf-edition.283/

Yes, vehicle armor thickness and vehicle size - and other factors - do play a part in the Save Values, scaled up to platoon level.

IIRC ADMs do not activate (I believe) until they are close to or hit the ground. Having a minefield placed in more restrictive terrain I would think makes it better: you have to be more careful if you are in a city, you never know where the mines may have landed (said this Designer who knocked icicles off his gutter yesterday and one landed in his shirt pocket like a pencil!). In woods, I feel it would be even worse. in both types of terrain, again, on this scale, they would be more difficult to clear, to my mind.

Thanks for playing!!

Proudgeek159

Is there any way we could eventually get a print version of the core rules without the Starter Kit? I already have the components, and would rather have relevant charts and tables. I know you're locked in for this printing, but maybe for the Blood and Fury set and going forward?

Keith Tracton

Staff member
I was watching The Lock and load video podcast last night and I think David Heath had mentioned something like that, I'll see if I can get your confirmation.