Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Mac

Allan Grant

Hi, just wondering if there are plans to release the game on mac OS X ? Played on pc and loved the game. Cheers,

GoodGuy

Hi, just wondering if there are plans to release the game on mac OS X ? Played on pc and loved the game. Cheers,

If you've got a Mac System that uses an Intel CPU, you can either create a dual boot system (eg. "BootCamp", to switch between Mac OS + Windows) or you can use "Wine", where WineBottler ( http://winebottler.kronenberg.org ) allows to create a complete Windows-environment for windows apps or games, as it's a wrapper around wine looking like a regular Mac Application. Winebottler can hold multiple Wine configurations ("bottles") for different Windows programs.
Parallels seems to be an emulation and it does not require a reboot: http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

Last edited:

ultradave

I use Parallels Desktop with Windows 7 right now. The game runs just fine and Parallels supports dual monitors. If you run it full screen you'd have a tough time telling that you weren't sitting at a PC instead of a Mac. Since the processors have been the same for a while, performance is quite good. It will cost a few bucks. I believe Parallels is about $50, but the real cost is needing a copy of Windows to install. But I had it anyway as I use Parallels for scientific computing applications as well.

Doolan

Chiming in to report that I play on a Macbook Pro via VMWare Fusion and it runs like a charm – fantastic performance. The game's requirements are pretty low, so there is no need to use BootCamp and actually reboot to run windows natively.