Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Made a VirtualTableTop Can I use StarterKit?

Hi,
I Didn't like Vassal UI as Much as Zun Tzu, but Zun Tzu makes you need an internet connection, and takes some effort to create a module ,vassal also needs java.

So I programmed my own, there is no setup skill required! just add pngs to the folder and bingo they are in the app, it has zooming and map drag like Zun Tzu, Massive Map sizes, Rotate , Los tool, flip chits, stacking tool, and a new PBEM tool, dice generators, upto 400 chits in one setup.

Well then I wanted LnL ofcouse, so I popped the starter kit into it, its well Wow but that's because what you see is LnL graphics

My Question is Can I use the app with your starter kit in it?

I'm adding screenshot here, I am assuming because the starter kit is free & i'm on LnL it may be permited, please correct me if that's not the case?

Attachments

• s.png
    s.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 19

Dijon

Wow, well done! I really hope LnL don't have a problem with you distributing it. If you need someone to help you beta test, just let me know. Again, beautifully done.

Dijon I have put the blank version here https://newmoonday.itch.io/virtual-tabletop-with-first-blood-boardgame for you to beta test the app, but LnL is not included until they say its ok too. I hope LnL use this link to assess the prospect of using it.
please note this game a lot of chits are identical, so clicking next chit is not obviouse unless you take note of the chit number in the selection box, right click it to move 10 at a time

Last edited:

Dijon

Hi Mark,

I've only had a chance to give it a preliminary look, but what I've seen so far, I like. A lot. I've always preferred Zun Tzu's method of moving and scrolling the map. I can't seem to get more than one of each unit on the map. If I repeat the "Move Chit" process, it looks like it's working, but when I click, it simply moves the one already on the map. I'm sure you've already covered it in your fairly comprehensive ReadMe and I just haven't found it yet (did I mention this was a quick look?).

Did you use a game engine to build this? Would it be difficult to add hooks to the main program so that an AI could be added?

Well done however you did it.

Dean

Dijon Thanks for your reply, If you click the box then MOVE CHT your moving it onto the board, then you need to click the box at the top again to move to the next chit, the box has left and right arrows to click, Plus if you right click the box you move by 10 chits. you can see the chit number your on in the box. you can see if the chit is ready to be placed because the box is red, if its blue the chit is already placed. also there is only one chit per number, you don't keep adding copies, there all individual chits, I have added a help file for this, but Im now going to make a good readme to cover this

in the ReadMe you will see this
"The BOX top middle is how you bring chits onto the board, you click the left & right top of it to cycle through 200
- Chits, plus 200 flipped sides. right click left & right in the box to cycle * 10 at a time. organise pngs in directory to show in box."

I programmed it from scratch, Its possible to do an A.I. but it would be a big job, I may work on a basic infantry game and see how I go, but I have no plans yet.

Thanks Dean

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

I've only had a chance to give it a preliminary look, but what I've seen so far, I like. A lot. I've always preferred Zun Tzu's method of moving and scrolling the map. I can't seem to get more than one of each unit on the map. If I repeat the "Move Chit" process, it looks like it's working, but when I click, it simply moves the one already on the map. I'm sure you've already covered it in your fairly comprehensive ReadMe and I just haven't found it yet (did I mention this was a quick look?).

Did you use a game engine to build this? Would it be difficult to add hooks to the main program so that an AI could be added?

Well done however you did it.

Dean

Dean , I have organised the chits for you, so you should see each army in order rather than trying to find a chit

Attachments

• chit-index.png
    chit-index.png
    378.5 KB · Views: 6