Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Manuals

TMO

Can someone remind me where all the manuals (map maker etc.) are please. Thanks.

Regards

Tim

john connor

In your game folder in a folder labelled Documentation. If you have the LnL version then the game is wherever you put it on install. For the steam version the game is usually in C: Program Files (86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common

Would it help if we had a menu item in the MapMaker app for the manual and ditto for the other maps?
Yes.

Those of us who are familiar with the game know where to look for the information.

Those who are new to the game and look at SceneMaker, Mapmaker, and Estab Editor would tend to look for a "help" or "about" to learn something of the software. Linking the game manual there would "help."

I'd also suggest a link to the game manual on the introduction screen, and perhaps links inside that document to the SceneMaker, Mapmaker, and Estab Editor manuals.

I make an assumption when someone posts a question regarding the game mechanics that they hadn't read the manuals.

First key in getting people to read the technical information is to make it readily available, and easily found.

Of course, once people start finding, and, hopefully, reading the documentation, you'll get all kinds of feedback on grammar and sentence structure ;-).

TMO

Had a quick look but can't find the map maker, In the Joe,s Bridge scenario Hasselt is in the wrong place.

Regards

Tim

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
TMO, the MapMaker.exe file should be in your game folder, along with the CmdOps.exe file, ScenMaker.exe and EstabEditor.exe. Your Command Ops 2 game folder will be we're you installed in from LNL or if you installed it using Steam then it will be under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command Ops 2

TMO

Checked and still can't find it (maybe I inadvertently deleted but can't think how!). How do I get a new manual without downloading the whole game?

Regards

Tim

john connor

You mean the mapmaker manual, TMO? Because that's not what you asked about above - you asked for the actual program exe. The manual is in the 'DOCUMENTATION' folder of your game folder. To find the game folder follow Dave's instructions above.

But, Dave - can you check please? I note that for some reason in my LnL (dev) install there is no mapmaker manual, for some reason, but it is in the Steam install in the correct place. Can you check that it wasn't somehow omitted from the LnL install, please?

Do you have a LnL install or steam, TMO?

Peter

TMO

Yes, tried that...oh well. Mine's a LnL install.

Regards

Tim

john connor

I think you should check, Dave. I don't have it in my LnL install either. Has it vanished somehow? I think Tim has actually found an error - there is no Mapmaker manual in the LnL install Documentation folder.