Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Map color schemes

SSG D

Dave,

I am very new to this game, so please consider the source of this comment.

When I first load the game, I like to set the map size to see the most area and to get a feel for the important military features such as road nets, towns, terrain, etc. If I am playing a scenario such as Bastogne Breakout with its white snow cover and gray woods, it is very easy and comfortable for me to read the village names, understand the logistical road nets, and see the militarily important features. If I am playing a scenario without snow, thus a dominate brown color, I have a lot harder time assessing the map and even seeing the secondary road net. It is just a brown glob to me at first and I never really get comfortable with the map. As I zoom in the problem is reduced somewhat.

Maybe it is just my eyes or my computer screen setup or maybe you can help me with some of my settings. If not, I wonder if more subdued terrain browns or brighter secondary road nets and town names might help.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SSG D,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll ponder that one. My gut feeling is that what would serve best is a means of changing the way text is displayed. At the moment however the text is composed into the map cache, so there is no way of easily changing it with a user preference (except for storing multiple map caches). I'll ponder this some more. Thanks for raising it with me.