Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

mark fortifications, trenches etc on the map

john connor

Am I right - when units dig in, are entrenched/fortified etc then those structures remain on the map (though we can't see them) even when the units vacate them, and the units can in fact move back and re-occupy them? If so, then it would be nice to have the fortifications, trenches, foxholes etc visible on the map. If not, then why not? Just a small thing.....

Perturabo

I suspect that the maps can be modified only in the editor. Though I wonder if it would be possible to mark them using some kind of a fortified position icon or something.

Kurt

I suspect that the maps can be modified only in the editor. Though I wonder if it would be possible to mark them using some kind of a fortified position icon or something.
Hi Perturabo, yes i like that idea , it should be a toggle option incase map gets cluttered with them

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Performance is the key thing here. Displaying a large number of icons does impact on performance for refreshes and game running time. But we could do this as an optional overlay like we do the new influence maps - ie only when the game is paused. That would work.

john connor

Cool, Dave.

Back at 'work' now - so.....how long before this alleged CO2 thing hits us?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I'm working on it. :) I'm working on changes to the ScenMaker at the moment to handle the conversions. These will then allow me to convert the files and then test the changes I have made in the new enhanced Scenario Selection screen of the Game. So progress is being made.