Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Matrix version of BFTB

John997

Hi, I am looking to get back into this wonderful game after many years.

I have all of the versions and woundered if the Matrix version of BFTB was a more mature version to play or has the same bugs that are currently being worked on in command ops 2.

Thanks

Hi, I am looking to get back into this wonderful game after many years.

I have all of the versions and woundered if the Matrix version of BFTB was a more mature version to play or has the same bugs that are currently being worked on in command ops 2.

Thanks
It's just the opposite.

The Matrix version, CO1, is the foundation for the CO2 rewrite.

Those issues discussed here with CO2 were largely issues that couldn't be addressed in CO1's programming structure.

New issues emerged as playing with the refined programming allowed players to dig deeper into the nuances of command and control.

The current issue involves a massive rewrite of the programming controlling attacks addressing issues with approach to the target, organizing the force, and assigning units to roles as assault forces, reserves, and support.

John997

Thanks for the reply.
Is there any way to observe th AI without fog of war ?

Thanks for the reply.
Is there any way to observe th AI without fog of war ?
Not as the game runs.

One could periodically save a game, surrender, and review the disposition of all the enemy units on the surrender report and resumed the saved game keeping that information in mind with revised plans, but there's nothing in the publicly released game that allows it.

Developers have a tool to do it so they can track whether their plans arrive at an interesting and playable scenario.