Melee and Ops. Complete

Discussion in 'LnLT Rule Questions' started by TerryB, Feb 16, 2019.

1. TerryB

TerryB Member

Hi guys,

I've just come across a complicated melee situation, and I'd like to check if this is the right way to handle it.

My hero has moved into a hex with two MMCs (one has a SW) and a leader. All of these enemy unts are under Ops. Complete markers.

Original enemy units MMC (1IFP), MMC(1IFP +2FP SW) + Leader.

So here are the questions:
    1) Do the penalties for being under Ops Complete markers [4.1] still apply in melee?
    2) If the answer is yes. Would the the two enemy units (both IFP1) be considered zero firepower units because of this reduction for the ensuing melee?

If they are considered zero firewower, my hero would be up against 2 MMCs. One would fight with 1FP because zero firepower units add 1 to melee (8.3, the other would fight with its SW (halved because fo 4.1), giving a total of 2.

My head is spinning

Thanks for the help
    Terry

2. Captain Darling

I’d say carry out the melee as normal, so regarding questions...
    1) no
    2) not applicable because of 1
    It’s just like a melee against say a squad/stack that is marked Fired or Moved from actions carried out previously in the turn, once your attackers enter the hex they still fight back when technically because they have already Fired or Moved that can’t do anything more for that turn.
    Cheers!

Steven Smith likes this.
  3. TerryB

TerryB Member

Thanks, Captain.