Morale Ratings

Discussion in 'Lock 'n Load Tactical Series' started by Nick DelCorpo, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Nick DelCorpo

Nick DelCorpo Member

Good Morning Everyone! Hope everybody had a nice week and weekend. I was setting up a scenario from Heroes of N. Africa, Terminal is the name. It has green Americans versus Vichy French. I was wondering if everyone agrees that the Vichy French forces should have higher morale versus the Americans in Torch?

#1 Nick DelCorpo, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  2. Barthheart

Barthheart Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm OK with it from the stand point that the US troops are green and the Vichy troops are fighting on home soil.

3. Nick DelCorpo

Nick DelCorpo Member

Okay, i can dig it. Does anybody have any knowledge about how the Vichy forces in Morocco and Algeria performed, i haven't really done any research into the topic and the docs I've seen said it the defense was pretty lackluster and over soon.

#3 Nick DelCorpo, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  4. Screamin' Eagle

The impression that I got from reading Rick Atkinson's "An Army at Dawn" was that the French were experienced battlers, but that their heart wasn't in the fight when one considers the overall spirit of the units. The impression that I got was that there were many Vichy that weren't all that enamored with the situation, but accepted it as a plausible option under the circumstances. Consider that they weren't really fighting for their country, but for an imposed government that occupied space in their native land.

Nick DelCorpo likes this.
  5. Nick DelCorpo

Nick DelCorpo Member

well said.

6. Nick DelCorpo

Nick DelCorpo Member