Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

More Mare Nostrum

Mark747

I know. The dramatic downward change in capability is funny. The increase in Morale is ironic. No wonder the Stuart was so stylish.

Oh, and MY avatar is a French Foreign Legion Green Beret. He has a "7" Morale even when he's trimming his toenails with a bayonet.

Stefano G.

Hi
Jeff changed the values ;)
View attachment 657

Enemy tanks broke through South of “ARIETE” Division. “ARIETE” thus surrounded, located 5kms northwest of Bir-el-Abd. “ARIETE” tanks keep fighting!
4th November 1942: last message broadcasted by surrounded and overpowered Ariete Armoured Division few surviving tanks.

Here is a brief description of events that preceded and led "ARIETE" Division to its fate:
After a refitting period, the “ARIETE”was deployed in reserve in the south, backing up Italian X Corps (17th “PAVIA” Infantry Division and 185th “FOLGORE” Paratroops Division) when Montgomery launched his offensive at El Alamein. Held back as the Army reserve, it was then moved northwards during the night of 3rd Nov, to take part in the covering action aimed at allowing the disengagement of Deutsch-Italienisch Panzerarmee on the following day. It fought bravely but it could only consciously immolate the whole of its about 120 obsolete tanks and semoventi which were destroyed, gaining once again the praise of both enemies and allies.

The “ARIETE” performed its last, epic stand around Tell El Aqqaqir (4th November 1942), where the 7th Armored Division, equipped with SHERMAN and GRANT tanks, far superior to the poor M13/40 and M14/41 Italian tanks - with the exception of the handful of 75mm gun-equipped semoventi - , broke through the Axis lines.

On 4th November at about 15:30, "ARIETE" last message was trasmitted.

Last edited:
The counters continue to look great for this Lock N Load expansion.

Good to see the M13/40 armament values have been adjusted.

Looking forward to finally getting this game in my hands!

True, I was referring to expanding the Lock N Load Game Series...probably not the best word to use...try the below:

"The counters continue to look great for this Lock N Load game."

No updates on Mare Nostrum since mid January it was looking close...any more updates or even dare I ask a release date?

Jeff Lewis

I'm hoping to wrap up development in May. I've had to take a pause to work on a few other games that are coming out or being reprinted. I'll be back in the desert shortly.

Thanks for the prompt reply Jeff.

So wrapping up development in May...looks like It will be a while before I'm playing Mare Nostrum still...

Mike Nagel

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Mare Nostrum as well. I love me some dice in the dust. This game will really make the series for me.

Stefano G.

May?...hummm...i hope to sunbathe in some some Pacific island before doing in north african desert! ;)