Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Mortar vs vehicle

This is an interesting change in v4.1 of the rules. Thanks for posting this I hadn’t looked at it!

Now I always disliked that HE couldn’t take out an AFV BUT this change takes it to the other extreme especially with mortars rolling 2 dice!

Now HE can take out AFVs even if only scaring the crew to bail out which equals a KO but unlikely especially the heavier the AFV.

Maybe mortars use the lower of the 2 dice against AFVs and in under 3 inch caliber suffer a minus 2 modifier to boot...not sure I’ll need to think on this more!!!

Cheers!

DeHammer

I was thinking about why tank teams would bail out at all. I mean, it's not like they'd reason "Hey, they're dropping bombs on us... let's run outside where it's safer!" But then I realized it was more likely due to conditions in the AFV being unbearable, for instance full of smoke - can't breath, etc. It wouldn't take much black smoke inside an AFV to make the entire crew bail out just so they could breath.