Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Nam Counters Question

coolcorn

Hey all - I just got Heroes of the Nam, and it's a great package! I absolutely love it.

My question is: it looks like there are 2 NVA initiative markers, 1 USA, and 1 UK. Should one of those NVA markers be an ARVN marker? I've just been using the USA initiative marker for the ARVN forces. The NVA and VC flags are close enough that I just use the start-on-red-background for both.

Also, should there be a "Veteran" skill counter? I've double checked all mine, and that one doesn't seem to exist. And it's used in scenario #1!

I guess these are nitpicky questions, but thought I'd ask :)

The Plodder

The "UK" initiative marker is for when you are playing with the Anzacs against VC/NVA, while the other one is for US/ARVN against VC/NVA. you're supposed to just flip the counter to whoever has got initiative.

I had to look at the countersheet for the veteran skill counter and I've noticed there are 2 thumper skill counters.Looking at the skill reference card the one without the pic of the M79 is supposed to have "Veteran" and not "Thumper".

coolcorn

Thanks - that's more of less what I figured with the initiative counters. Just wanted to make sure everything was Working As Intended.

As for the Veteran counter, well, I've shared my thoughts in the errata thread. :)