Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Naming conventions in the Estabs

Bie

I'm going to dive into the Estab Editor properly and was wondering how the naming to best name the forces I create. I've been looking at the list and can somewhat deduce a convention, but I'm not sure.

Like:
WF - VGD - Gren Bn HQ

WF -> Module or Scenario?
VGD -> Volksgrenadier probably
Gren Bn HQ -> The unit itself

I want to mimic existing units but I need to be sure of what I'm doing. Can anyone shed some light on this?

hubee0

WF - Western Front I guess.
BB - Battle Of The Bulge (?)
But if you look at COTA estab from "The Cauldron" module you will see a different naming scheme.

simovitch

You seem to get the idea. WF are the base "west front" estabs, then we added specialized estabs for the different modules BB (bulge) MG (Market Garden). "FB" were some estabs created by a splinter team for what later became Westwall. These FB estabs were dozens of quasi-duplicate WF estabs with very minor, pedantic changes that I had to comb through and purge because the estab file was growing out of control.

We have abandoned the old COTA naming format, more or less. Your safe with keeping with the basic WF for now I suppose.