Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Napalm

Embis

Can anyone point me to the section of the manual that deals with Napalm?

I have searched the index of the core manual and read the Nam supplement but I cant see it anywhere. I am not asking anyone to explain the rule here, just point me at it :)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
It is not in the Core rules, it is a SSR (special scenario rules). Here is the relevant text:

Starting turn 3, the U.S. Player may call in 4 air strikes with a maximum of one air strike per turn.
Procedure: Only Cpt. Peters may call in airstrikes. In his impulse, he picks a hex in his LOS that
is currently occupied and spotted or was occupied and spotted on the previous turn. He places a
spotting round marker and rolls two dice. The white dice is viewed. On a 1 or 2, it is a direct
hit, on a 3 or 4 it lands one hex in the direction of the colored dice. On a 5, it lands two hexes in
the direction of the colored dice. On a 6, it lands three hexes in the direction of the colored dice.
The airstrike lands immediately. Flip the spotting round marker to the fire for effect side.

Two airstikes are 500 lb. Bombs which attack the target hex and all adjacent hexes with 5 FP.

Two airstrikes are Napalm which attack the target hex and all adjacent hexes with 4 FP and burns
for 3 turns. Units cannot stay in a napalm hex and must move out of it in their next impulse.
Units moving through or staying within any napalmed hex suffers the attack as it moves through
each hex or at the end of the turn if it sat in the hex without movement. In the admin phase,
replace the fire for effect marker with a smoke 1 marker and the next turn’ attack becomes 3 FP.
In the next admin phase, replace the smoke 1 marker with a smoke 2 marker and the final turns
attack is 2 FP. Each hex in the pattern is considered smoke for all three turns.

Wiggum

Thanks Stéphane Tanguay.
Do you know when the Briefings will be upgraded?

We are missing out on so many important informations currently in the digital game because of the downgraded briefings. :(

Embis

Thank you Stephane, that fits with what I saw, I do like the way this is implemented, especially the effects lasting over several turns.