Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

NaW Digital Bug List

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Correct. But some had at least Disruption results.
To get an acquisition marker, you must miss or have no result. Disruption, reduction and elimination will prevent the use of Acquisition markers

Wiggum

During my first MP session today we had the game stop during a "assault". We did see the results but then neither my opponent nor i could do anything. We tried clicking on every possible thing, counter or dice but nothing worked so we had to close the game.

Here is a screenshot of the situation. Everything else worked fine but every Assault resulted in a "locked" game. Both players could not do anything. We had to restart the scenario:

20200427214131_1.jpg

We tried again and could reproduce this bug every time, both players from germany. Same scenario (Nuts from starter pack).

Also, can you explain what the different dice colors mean? What do red, dark shaded and bright mean?

Daniel Karsai

Acquisition works but there are no markers in the game, instead a "target acquired" text will appear briefly. When planning operations with a unit that has a target acquired, the acquired counter should say "acquired" on the top. As a reminder, acquisition is cleared if the acquirer unit moves. I did a test where this seemed to work but I'll be keeping an eye on it as I can't say I remember having acquired targets previously. I tried to keep in mind how busy the screen gets with all the counters already. I'll think about ways to improve it intuitively.

@Wiggum I found the issue and it will be fixed in the new update going live shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cap'n Darwin

Website
ontargetsimulations.com
New Bug with the latest build. I am presented with the path for two Panthers to take an Op-Fire shot as they move. I select my ATG with an HQ stacked and select a hex in range and I get the red crosshairs, but selecting the confirm button does nothing. I tried a number of combinations and hexes and could not select the hex. I exited the game.

On the restart, I could only get an op-fire shot at range 1 or 2 and not out to 4 the range on my ATG. If the op-fire rules limit a shot to short-range then the other two hexes should not show as op-fire capable.

Last edited:

Daniel Karsai

That is very strange. If you haven't played any other games yet, you might be able to forward me your auto save file(s), maybe I could reproduce it on my end. The game makes one on formation activation and new round. The save files are located inside the game install folder within a "save" subfolder, I think this forum allows attaching files directly

nitpick: there seems to be an alpha channel issue with on map combat results text causing transparency (or lack of it) around the text.

Aaron Sibley

Just played my first scenario against the AI. It was the NUTS scenario. I played the Germans. The AI did not even try and defend. It ran its units to the board edge, and did not even make use of cover.
Also the German Armoured assault option for the armoured half track infantry did not seem to be implemented.

The game looks great and hopefully overtime the AI will play like a veteran rather than a boot camp noob.

Daniel Karsai

@Cap'n Darwin: The op fire choices will need some work, I couldn't reproduce the inability to hit confirm, I'll keep looking.
@Chris Merchant: Yeah, unfortunately the game engine we've chosen is finnicky with transparency, text and UI in general so this is one of those cases where I'd have to put a lot of work in to fix a relatively simple issue. Hopefully I can address it in a future patch.
-
As for the german armored assault thing:
Turns out there is a bug preventing all units with an assault firepower of 1 from performing assault. This will be fixed in the next update.

Sava Toufexis

Hey Dave.
I'm having a problem on Steam just starting the game. It shows on my game list that it "is running", but never starts. I have uninstalled and installed and verified files. I even uninstalled Steam and reinstalled and it's the same. All my other games work. Any ideas?

Daniel Karsai

Do you have a Mac or a Windows machine?
Is this your first time running the game or did it crash to desktop previously? (does it even show the launcher?) If it was running before, there is a chance it might've not terminated fully. If you're on windows, try opening the task manager and finding "NationsAtWar.exe" under processes and ending the task. If you're on a Mac, the process is similar: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201276

After you've made sure it isn't running in the background, could you navigate to the game files as shown here (right click the game in the list to bring up properties) and see if the folder named "logs" has any files, and if so, share it with me?
dPpvvkg.png

Sava Toufexis

Is this your first time running the game or did it crash to desktop previously? (does it even show the launcher?) If it was running before, there is a chance it might've not terminated fully. If you're on windows, try opening the task manager and finding "NationsAtWar.exe" under processes and ending the task. If you're on a Mac, the process is similar: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201276

After you've made sure it isn't running in the background, could you navigate to the game files as shown here (right click the game in the list to bring up properties) and see if the folder named "logs" has any files, and if so, share it with me?
dPpvvkg.png

Also, "NationsAtWar.exe" does not appear on the task master.

Sava Toufexis

dPpvvkg.png

Windows. There doesn't seem to be any folder named "logs" in the directory. I have tried installing the game in different drives with no luck. Steam says it's "running", but the launch screen doesn't come up. I installed it on another computer in the house and it runs fine. Why it doesn't work on my main PC when all my other Steam games run is a mystery to me.

Sava Toufexis

dPpvvkg.png

Whoa, Nellie! I got it. If you make the executable file in the Steam directory as "run as administrator", it works. I should have tried that sooner. Sorry, can't talk, playing!

Recon Units are NOT considered in Command at up to twice their HQ printed command range.
This is strange because on page 15 (2.6.2 - Indipendent) of the manual it states otherwise.

Ver. 1.0.1e
Single player
Scenario : Swap Meet
Player Allies (North side) , IA Axis
Recon Unit : M5 STUARTScreenshot (14).png

Wiggum

I know the newest patch did not mention the AI but, having the newest patch installed....
20200502102627_1.jpg

This is the AI behavior after the first turn with the AI defending.

• During defense, AI abandones defensive positions with senseless movement
  • During offensive AI is to coward to move forward and just does nothing
  • Wacky back and forward movement.
In my opinion AI is is broken in its current state (sorry for the harsh words) and unusable.
Hoping for Hotseat or an AI fix soon (i know you are working on it)