Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Newbie Questions

Frana

Hi all, just a newcomer to Lock ´n Load Series.some questions:

1. Opportunity Fire. A half squad 1-5-6 marked with an Ops Complete marker, with a SMG 2-12, Opportunity fires against an enemy with 0 FP. If were a squad, will be 1 FP. Is it correct?

2. Melee. Markers like "Ops Completed", "Moved" or "Fire" affects anyway to the Units in melee? I think no because they are GO Units.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Pd. I´ll come back with more questions...

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1.Multi-man counters (MMC), such as Half-Squad (H-S), under an Ops Complete marker subtract one (-1) from their inherent firepower (IFP). when they Opp fire. Machine guns (MG) are halved (fractions rounded up) in the same situation. That being said, a HS cannot apply its IFP when manning a support weapon (SW) such as a MG. So in this case, barring any other modifiers, your HS should fire with 1 FP (half of the MG). As for the squad, it depends on its IFP. If it is 2, it would fire with a FP of 2 (IFP of -1 and half of the MG). If it is 1, it would fire with 1 FP (IFP of 1-1 and half of teh MG

2. Markers don't affect Melee per see and this does not ahve anything to do with the units being in GO. But entering a Melee hex under a Fired for Effect marker will inflict an artillery attack on the entering units

Bring them questions on (but you can also read the rulebook :))

Frana

Thanks for your reply Stéphane, I´m reading the rulebook and they are doubts arise during it.

In the case 1,I was not sure if you have to apply the -1 to the MMC even though that MMC FP was 0, so in OF, the FP of the a HS with a SW would be (HS FP -1) + (Half of the SW FP).
So for me, HS 1-5-6 with a SMG 2-12, would be HS PF -1 (0 for use a SW, later -1 "MMCs subtract one (–1) from their IFP. The FP is modified BEFORE considering any other attacking unit’s Die-Roll Modifications (DRMs), and is applied per firing unit. A unit’s FP can be a negative number.") plus 1 FP of the SW (half of the FP of the SW) equal 0.

Thanks again in advance.

Pd. Sorry for my English, it´s not my native language.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
And english is not my native language either so it's like a one-eyed guy leading a blind guys :)

Because half-squad manning a SW can't use their IFP, (see 1.6 A Half-Squad or Crew can fire one SW, forfeiting its IFP in the process), they don't "suffer" the penalty.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
My pleasure, adn I really mean it; i love answering rules question. Yes, I am the one that, when a new game is put on the table, is handed the rules over :)