Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

No longer can play CO2.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10, and was able to play the game some last night. but today the game crashes on when trying to start a new game There is a windows message stating "command ops.exe has stopped working and windows will look for a solution."
Tried running as administrator but that did no work. game crashes no matter what.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
We have yet to switch over to Win 10 and we do not warrant that CO2 will work with Win 10. Having said that was there any more detail provided in the error message? Have you tried rebooting your machine? Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Do you know if your Win 10 system was updated overnight for any reason. The fact that it ran OK and then stopped suggests that your system has changed. But that I not guaranteed.

basically I don't have any problems with any other programs so it's a game design fail. I hope I am not the one who has to pay the $ for a game design fail.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
basically I don't have any problems with any other programs so it's a game design fail. I hope I am not the one who has to pay the $ for a game design fail.
Hold on here a moment Nicholas. The fact that you are having a problem with our game does not mean the cause is our game. Can you please answer my other questions, namely:
  • Was there any more detail provided in the error message?
  • Have you tried rebooting your machine?
  • Do you have Windows Update set to automatically install updates?
  • Can you please check your Windows Update log and confirm no updates took place today.

I am not looking to blame Windows Update but it may help explain, why the game originally worked last night but then now won't start. Another question:
  • At what precise step does it fail? What is on the screen when it fails?

so yes I rebooted and reinstalled. it was playing ok at 3pm, computer never updated and at 4pm tried to start the game anew, going from one scenario to another. i have attached a screen shot. thanks

Attachments

• co2.png
    co2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 13

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Mmm... inside your Cmd Ops 2 game directory you should find a file called "vcredist_x64.exe". There is also one called vcredist_x86.exe. If your machine is a 64 bit machine (most new machines these days are) then launch the x64 version by double-clicking it. Otherwise launch the x86 version. This will install some Microsoft Foundation Class Dlls. These are code libraries used by our app that maybe missing from your system for some reason. Installing these will not harm your system in any way. Please do that, run the game and get back to me with the result.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
That is all I can think of at the moment. Without a Win 10 box here I cannot test it.

Anyone else experiencing this error with Win 10?

In the meantime Nicholas can you please send me a DXDiag report. Check the sticky thread at the top of the Game Support forum for details of how to do that. This will tell me a stack of info about your system and it may, just may, shine a light on the problem.

also how can I run a complete uninstall of everything to try and install again? I just used the uninstall program. Very odd, and of course, disappointing and I hope we can correct this otherwise great title.. Thank you for your help

Last edited:

Daz

Have you tried running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode?
I have windows 10 on a 64 bit machine and am having no problems running it in this mode so long as I accept the default screen resolution.