Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

No longer can play CO2.

here is the diag test. Nothing I can do can make this came work on an otherwise newer, smoothly running system.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    56.3 KB · Views: 3
anyways please let me know if there is a solution. I do not have any problems with any other programs so otherwise I will be requesting paypal reverse the charges for the $100 series. thank you for understanding.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Well that doesn't prove anything per se then. Can you get access to another Win 7 machine? Where I am going with this is to ascertain the integrity of the game you have downloaded. Alternatively, could you download the Core Engine again, install it (do not install any modules) and then test to see if it works.

I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the core game a few times though. That's why I asked how I could make sure I deleted all the old files in an uninstall -- so that the reinstall is completely new.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
That's why I asked how I could make sure I deleted all the old files in an uninstall -- so that the reinstall is completely new.
We don't delete the Cmd Ops Game directory in case you have created your own data content. Feel free to delete it after you uninstall. There is also one other thing you can do and that is to clear your registries. These store your preferences - ie where a dialog is located on the screen - that sort of thing. They should be perfectly safe but feel free to clear them too. Are you familiar with using RegEdit?

I need to do something to go back in time like 30 hours to when it worked okay no problems. Also reinstalling from online was no help.
Could there be any files from an uninstall that remained that could be giving me problems or is that a waste of time to also delete old files?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
sometimes I have several browser screens open, though I have turned off all the screens on occasion too.
No what I meant was computer monitors. I see from the DXDiag that you have one monitor when you compiled that report. I am trying to ascertain if at one time you had two monitors attached to your machine. We did have an issue where if you had two and then turned one off it had problems managing the dialogs that had been positioned onto the now turned off monitor. I do believe I have fixed that issue but I'm just trying to rule that out as a possibility.

also one thing I recall doing was changing the speaker settings, trying to make the sound from the blue tooth. Everything went downhill after that but maybe that is coincidence.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I need to do something to go back in time like 30 hours to when it worked okay no problems. Also reinstalling from online was no help.
Could there be any files from an uninstall that remained that could be giving me problems or is that a waste of time to also delete old files?
I don't think so but I am not ruling that out. It is by and large best to get rid of everything and start from scratch. So delete the Cmd Ops Game directory and all its content.

Ooh a thought. Have you uninstalled the modules? If not then please do so. We need to focus solely on the Core engine. Once we hav that working we can add back in the modules.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
also one thing I recall doing was changing the speaker settings, trying to make the sound from the blue tooth. Everything went downhill after that but maybe that is coincidence.
It may be a coincidence. But it could be our culprit. We have no Bluetooth connectivity in our program but we do rely on the sound drivers. Can you uninstall the speaker drivers or revert the sound settings to what you had before and then see if that makes a difference.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Okay we are good to go! It was the speaker settings. I reverted to the old sound settings and game launched!
Wonderful Nicholas. You have made my day! :) Now there is a lesson here for you. I know it's frustrating when things go wrong but don't be so quick and adamant that the problem lies with our software and not your system. Anyway it's all ended well. Enjoy the game.

why do you suppose there is an issue with the speaker /sound settings? I wanted to listen to a recording from my blue-tooth speaker, so I tried to manipulate windows such that one app would play from the internal speaker, and another app from blue-tooth. so I think COS couldn't lauch the sound and therefore the app crashed. Why would it not just run without sound?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
It requires access to a sound driver, regardless of the sound volume. I would say that for some reason it has blocked the access to an acceptable driver. We had encountered a few issues with incompatible sound drivers before. These are very rare but they do occur from time to time. Now I have no idea what this blue tooth system is or how it works but we rely on bog standard sound drivers, nothing flash or unusual.