Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

No longer can play CO2.

apparently I turned off the sound driver. Not sure why I didn't catch that possibility. But thanks for hanging in there with me. jolly good now.

Paul Dinsmore

That is all I can think of at the moment. Without a Win 10 box here I cannot test it.

Anyone else experiencing this error with Win 10?

In the meantime Nicholas can you please send me a DXDiag report. Check the sticky thread at the top of the Game Support forum for details of how to do that. This will tell me a stack of info about your system and it may, just may, shine a light on the problem.
I had Win 10 installed and had no issues with crashes of the game. I have an older Alienware laptop.

Nick S

I'm running Win 10 Pro with current resolution in a normal window and I'm not even using compatibility mode and haven't run into any issues before or now with the latest CO2 builds. I had the odd crash with some updates when I was using Win 8.1 but those were caused by things that Dave has fixed in the meantime. Just a stab in the dark, but have you checked your video and audio drivers and settings? You likely have but those are often the culprits, buts it's harder to narrow down if DxDiag tells you all is OK. I hope you can get this sorted out.

OK - didn't see your post that you now have this running OK. Great!

Kolbex

I was having an extremely similar issue, and this thread reminded me that I had disabled my speakers in the Windows settings. This is an extremely common issue with games, that they require some kind of sound output to run; I just forgot about it in this instance. I'm up and running, too!