Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Nobody Comes Back

Guy Miller

This is a brief "take the bridge before it blows" and exit scenario. Not much to it, though I didn't do so well. I took all my objectives simple enough, but the exit messed me up. First, when exiting, a few well placed enemy forces can really hold you up. I didn't bring enough ART up for exit support. Second, I recognized "the way out" a little too late. Truly, 2 more hours of game time and I would have had a marginal victory (I guess that's what they all say, right?). Well you can see by the map that I had many forces ready to exit. Tricky allied counter-attacks held me up.

My strategy was pretty simple - quickly take the bridges with the units already across the river, supported by ART. Let the reinforcements drive through and off the map. I didn't even really bother with the northern portion of the map. I wanted to concentrate down south. I kept my guys rested by leap-frogging my regiments. All went well until a few AT guns held up my exit strategy.

None1.png none2.png

I guess I found this scenario a little repetitive and lacking much imagination. Not my favorite so far. We will see what's next!