Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Non-WW2 modules

*budd*

Curious to see what other periods people think this engine could model well or what other periods they would like to see[preferably something that can make Panther money] Especially curious what Dave has to say about other time periods he thinks the engine would work well on.

i'm not a Civil war guy but it's the first one thats jumps into my mind.

Wiggum

Spanish Civil War would be my Favorite...oh and although its WW2 a "Blitzkrieg" Module with Battles from 1939 and 1940 (Poland and France). That would be sooooo great !

nicwb

Definitely the Spanish civil war - I think I have actually seen a user made scenario out there on the web. As I recall the AAR was in Spanish.

I suspect you could also do the Korean war.

X.ray

How about WWI and post-WWII wars (including those fantasies), e.g. central europe, golf war (1st & 2nd), anti-terror wars, next war between China and Japan etc?

Paul Dinsmore

I would think that one could choose anything using the this engine? How about Korea, Vietnam (missing an air mobile insertion element)... How about a real tough one....... Guerrilla warfare. Iraq, Afghanistan........... the idea here would not to have goals as to survive with the fewest losses. That opens one up to placement of mines, IEDs, EVPs, ect.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Since writing the above I have created scenarios based on the Pacific war. Main issue here is getting the terrain models correct. I started with Guadalcanal and have moved up to Saipan and Iwo Jima. My troops are Marines various Japanese forces, and British. The original terrain maps were hard to find for various scenarios. TOE equipment list not so much so. Setting up scenes is as much fun for me as playing the game. I am doing some Korean War and Vietnam ones as well. I deal with Air mobile insertions the same as I do para drops. Works just as well.

Last edited:

kohlenklau

I am new here and maybe don't fully understand.

I think the CO2 game is a universal tool based on how the editors write the 3 key areas.
Map: terrain is terrain, adjust movement table and viz table to reflect mud or snow or sand. I think...
Units: ESTAB has the equipment tables for weapons performance and armor protection. Match the era. 1939 panzers...? I think...
Scenario: You do the first 2 right and you are nearly there. The finesse is applied here to make it exciting and more realistic.

Well: with all that said, I suppose it either does or does not model APFSDS so trying to do Yom Kippur might/could/is gonna be a waste of time?

I have only made 2 personal use scenarios so far....

Last edited:

Kolbex

I would think the AI's command model would be the thing most likely to hold it back from being able to simulate other eras.

Perturabo

By the way, I was serious about Wh40k. GW seems to be licensing to about anyone who wants. Currently Wh40k ranges from tower defense through chess to a Panzer General clone.
A WH40k game set in Horus Heresy could be quite popular.

Kurt

If it boosts sales and public interest in CO2 then its a winner .

Back in the day, I nearly finished an Easter Rising 1916 scenario on HTTR. Got the map done and was using the preset Estabs for the British (allied) vs Irish (axis) forces.

I'm already starting on doing a Spanish-American War scenario and a Philippines 1941 scenario.
Plus... Waterloo 1815.

Reactions: Bie

john connor

Lol. I look forward to Waterloo.

I would also love a WW1 scenario.

Within WW2, the Winter War (or Continuation War) would be great. We must surely be nearer being able to do that since ioncore has announced there will, finally, be an EF pack this year!!