Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Oh, CO got a new home

GoodGuy

I just figured that CO (and Dave) found a new home. :)
Congrats!

After some extensive absence from the Matrix forums, I couldn't find CO right away, found all games listed as "discontinued" and found some remnants after a while, in the discontinued-section. Ooops.
So I checked out the PG website and now I'm here. Yay. A bit late though, I guess.

The new pricing model is a bit confusing, but it's pretty much along the line what was being discussed last time I checked the old forum, I guess, where discussions were still going whether a lower price core version or a free core version would be better, IIRC.

Anyway, I gotta get used to the different formating etc. in this forum (the forum software is pretty sophisticated though), but I'm glad Dave found a new home and that content keeps coming.

I don't have CO2 yet, so maybe someone can provide me with a quick summary, before jumping in and investing in CO2, as I don't have the time to read feature lists or update fix lists:

1. How many missions are included in the free core version?
  2. How many missions are included in data/theater packs and what are their prices?
  3. Can motorized infantry units dismount now, or at least enter woods?
  4. Can you set artillery units to default to ignore allied casualties, or do they still default to avoid casualties, so that you have to uncheck (and maybe even pause) for each and every close bombardment order?
  5. Can artillery bombard impassable terrain and perimeters that are stacked with both friendly and enemy units (pretty much like in a "Broken Arrow" order)?
  6. Can tank units enter (light) woods?
  7. What are the major changes/new features, if compared to BFTB?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

TMO

Hi Gunar, glad you're back. Most of the answers to the questions you are asking have already been answered so check out the previous posts. The one enharncement from the game's previous incarnation you (and I) are probably looking forward to the most is Mount/Dismount. This is in the pipeline and is being worked on. Glad you're back.

Regards

Tim

Art Hall

I just figured that CO (and Dave) found a new home. :)
Congrats!

After some extensive absence from the Matrix forums, I couldn't find CO right away, found all games listed as "discontinued" and found some remnants after a while, in the discontinued-section. Ooops.
So I checked out the PG website and now I'm here. Yay. A bit late though, I guess.

The new pricing model is a bit confusing, but it's pretty much along the line what was being discussed last time I checked the old forum, I guess, where discussions were still going whether a lower price core version or a free core version would be better, IIRC.

Anyway, I gotta get used to the different formating etc. in this forum (the forum software is pretty sophisticated though), but I'm glad Dave found a new home and that content keeps coming.

I don't have CO2 yet, so maybe someone can provide me with a quick summary, before jumping in and investing in CO2, as I don't have the time to read feature lists or update fix lists:

1. How many missions are included in the free core version?
  2. How many missions are included in data/theater packs and what are their prices?
  4. Can you set artillery units to default to ignore allied casualties, or do they still default to avoid casualties, so that you have to uncheck (and maybe even pause) for each and every close bombardment order?
  5. Can artillery bombard impassable terrain and perimeters that are stacked with both friendly and enemy units (pretty much like in a "Broken Arrow" order)?
  7. What are the major changes/new features, if compared to BFTB?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hows it going Gunar, Foot Hills of the Gods will be all the old Greek stuuf, The Cauldron will be Crete and N Africa, Highway to the Reich will be the Arnhem stuff, Ride of the Valkryies and Bastogne cover the Bulge stuff, Core game has Return to St Vith tutorial, Mahay Crossroads and Greyhound Dash (all Bulge scenarios).

Daz

No not yet. Its on the cards to be implemented soon with a future update pack.

No it still defaults to the default of Avoid Friendlies.
Sticky Task options would be nice but its not been implemented in CO2.
You should raise a request for the feature in the Feature Requests forum for it.
I would support you.
There is a work around, see my St Vith AAR for more details.

Not sure what you mean by this?

Yes

What are the major changes/new features, if compared to BFTB?
Lots of changes. See the stickiest on this forum for more details. Click link below.

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/co2-changes.1010/